Pine Valley Question

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

KlaytonFioriti
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Pine Valley Question

Post by KlaytonFioriti »

So I wanted to know how I need to go about playing the deleted level Pine Valley. I'm really interested in seeing the Geothermal Power Plant and checking out how that portion of the game works
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Pine Valley Question

Post by machf »

Well, you can get either Beta 96 or Beta 97 (they both have the same level files, I believe, the difference being in the game executable). Then you can either install it by itself (the same way you use to install the retail version of Trespasser), or simply copy the contents of the beta's "data" folder into the "data" folder from your existing Trespasser install. I'd suggest the latter, that way you can use the Trespasser CE executable instead to get all its advantages. If, OTOH, you want to experience the "original" feeling, use the former.

BTW, we're currently working on a way to allow you to play the earlier Plantation House level in Trespasser CE, too. Keep an eye on the forum for when we announce it's done.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

As a note, TresCom put up Pine Valley in the download section somewhere. But uh, I can't find it. Tatu do you know where it is?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:As a note, TresCom put up Pine Valley in the download section somewhere. But uh, I can't find it. Tatu do you know where it is?
The only versions of Pine Valley in the download sections are either fan made or editing (to fix some stuff) by fans. A "true" copy of one of the Pine Valley version without any edit is not up for download.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

There's always this:

viewtopic.php?f=120&t=10959
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:There's always this:

viewtopic.php?f=120&t=10959
This!

I do recommend spending some time to get the Build you pick to run in its native engine, as that will show of the level how it would be back then. People have had mixed luck but I was able to run even the oldest build on my Windows 10 PC.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Klayton, at a quick browse-through it appears your best shot is downloading this "fixed" version:
http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... d-v0.1.rar

That is, to save the time and hassal of installing the beta version of the game. Only minimal changes present in this one. Just drop it into the "data" folder and it'll come up when using the level-select cheat ( CTRL + SHIFT + Q + W - W )