Where is "Trespassing" remake??? Paging Mr. Ellis!

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Xer06siX
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Where is "Trespassing" remake??? Paging Mr. Ellis!

Post by Xer06siX »

I came across this Australian chap apparently working with another dude he met later on to remake Trespasser into CryEngine2. It friggin looks really good! Over a decade of work on it (not really daily, lots of time gaps of no progress) and it seems by the screen caps that at least most of the island is blocked out already which is great, and its accurate which is just epic! There hasn't been an update since July 2017. I know the dude had a kid last year, he isn't even a one year old yet. Must be tough. I used to work on Jurrasic Park levels and mods for Unreal Engine in the early 2000s (Unreal/UT) I loved recreating some scenes in that engine, although it didn't look as good as the original, it still had that feeling of exploration. I'm still working with the UnrealEngine and have made a few levels in Sandbox2 for CryEngine. (Spent a lot of time on a Physics Laboratory, kind of like a playground for testing as much of the physics possibilities as I could.

If only the original Trespasser team had another year or so to make it work right and put in all of the goodies they left out of the final build. We could have something that looked closer to the pre-release material they showed all of us in Game mags.

Anyway when I saw the project presentation by this fellow I was shocked. I wish it were done already. I really really hope that "Trespassing" will not be forgotten under a pile of soiled diapers.

Mr. Ellis! Please report to Hammond's office, he needs help changing a light bulb.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Where is "Trespassing" remake??? Paging Mr. Ellis!

Post by TheIdiot »

Have you seen the Trespassing website?
https://trespassingpetrolia.com/

Recently s1n31 (the creator) came around to let us know he was still alive and plans to continue working on the project at some point. Presumably he's just been very busy with parenthood and all. But as far as I know, Trespassing isn't dead yet.
Xer06siX
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xer06siX »

Right. I have seen that website, read the entirety of it last week. It's very good, lots of explanation of whats going on with the project. That's what piqued my interest. I know he had a kid last year, thats gotta suck as far as the development aspect of this goes. Have kids, do what you want, who am I? I've been involved with a lot of jurassic park and or trespasser related content over the years, so i know this core community is strong. Having said that, coming back to the game after so many years, I just felt like there might be something out there already. Alas, not. Trespasser is one of those games that is a true diamond in the rough, it is a rough diamond as well but I love it anyway. It deserves to be remade by an actual studio. Think FarCry or Crysis but with dinos, really cleaver dinos that can jump around and work in groups to surround you...etc.

TheIdiot, I recall seeing your name in the list of mods/remakes. How goes it?

Good stuff anyway! Carry on chaps.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Trespasser is one of those games that is a true diamond in the rough, it is a rough diamond as well but I love it anyway. It deserves to be remade by an actual studio. Think FarCry or Crysis but with dinos, really cleaver dinos that can jump around and work in groups to surround you...etc.
I'm actually very surprised nobody has attempted anything similar to this in the decades following the release of Trespasser. While remaking Trespasser itself seems to be a bit of a longshot for a major studio, the overall idea of an open-world action-horror game on dinosaur island seems like such an easy concept to make something out of. I think part of the reason we've all stuck around playing this game for so long is that there really isn't anything else quite like it!
TheIdiot, I recall seeing your name in the list of mods/remakes. How goes it?
Fairly well! The remake of the first level, Beach, was actually released about a week ago:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10821
Xer06siX
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xer06siX »

Good stuff, I'll have to check that out!
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by s13n1 »

I’m still alive and kicking, just don’t have enough serious time to devote to the project.

These days if I get time, it’s maybe an hour if I’m lucky. My free time depends on my sons sleeping habits and he’s a pretty light sleeper during the day. I work nights and get home at about 7:30am, then I look after him till my wife gets home. To be honest, any free time I get I usually spend playing a game or maybe watching some twitch.

You have no idea how valuable time is until you have a kid!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You need to get one of these:

:wink:
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

And possible for the same purposes.