Need help getting CE to work

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Bob_Mercury
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Need help getting CE to work

Post by Bob_Mercury »

I put everything into the Trespasser folder but whenever I run the "tpass6" file, I get an error that says:
I have the disk image mounted and everything. Help?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Need help getting CE to work

Post by Draconisaurus »

When installing Tres, it's recommended you copy the CD contents into a folder and install from it, rather than from the CD. This sounds like a problem related to that.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Bob_Mercury wrote:I put everything into the Trespasser folder but whenever I run the "tpass6" file, I get an error that says:
I have the disk image mounted and everything. Help?
Definitely a problem with CD installation, as Draco said. Copy everything from the CD into your Tres install folder and that might fix it. If not, uninstall the game, delete the folder, and then copy+paste everything from the CD to a folder that you will presumably keep. Then all you have to do is install from that folder and play the game - the CE executable should work fine from there on. :)
Bob_Mercury
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bob_Mercury »

I lost my disk a while ago so I'll have to reinstall from a torrent. Will having the ATX mod effect CE at all?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

ATX and CE are separate executables, so they shouldn't have any problems coexisting.

And if you use a disc image it's the same story, you need to copy the whole contents of the disc to a folder in your HDD, then remove the disc, and run the installer from the folder in the HDD.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

You shouldn't need the disc for CE tho, since it works fine on standalone engines.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bob_Mercury
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bob_Mercury »

Now I'm getting a message that says it isn't installed correctly. This is maddening. Can I have a step by step or something?
tedmg09130913
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by tedmg09130913 »

Do you mean that installing trespasser retail gives you an error? Or do you mean that installing trespasser ce gives you an error? If the error is from trespasser ce check that a trespasser.ini file is in the same directory as the trespasser executable. If you unpacked the trespasser ce zip file in the directory with the original executable you can find trespasser.ini files in by going to directory doc then config.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Wow, 2008 to 2016, that is a long leap.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!