How to properly install East Dock level?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

RavingRaptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

How to properly install East Dock level?

Post by RavingRaptor »

Hello new forum member here, names Matthew and has owned a copy of Trespasser since it came out in 98 (when i was only 7 years old), always been a Jurassic Park fan and the ED level is totally awesome as i always loved Nedry's scenes in the movie.

On to the issue:

So i have followed the install instructions in the level folder, done a HDD install of the game, patched it and installed the ATX update. I can get the level to play with intro video and all but, i cant get the "fog" blue and it's not very stable (crashes if i move Dennis arm to much for longer periods).

I can live with the crashes but if someone can help me to get the blue fog to work so it looks like night I'd be very happy.

With best regards
Matthew
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: How to properly install East Dock level?

Post by Shep »

Welcome RavingRaptor! My name is also Matthew :)
I believe that the fix would be to download an engine made for modded levels.
Trespasser Twighlight should work with ED, you can find it here: http://www.trescom.org/tools/
Or for direct download: http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... 1_final.7z

The level ED has always worked for me so I wouldn't know the problem but this should help.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey RavingRaptor - glad you like EastDock! The fog color in ED is enforced by the ATX config file it comes with (you are intended to preserve your own, current ATX config by adding ".orig" to the end before installation). If you do this and it doesn't work, I'm not sure what's up.

Tres Twilight is the best place to play ED due to various certain ATX upgrades. You can play it in Trespasser CE but it will lack such things as the opening cutscene and rain.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Welcome to the family! Be sure you are playing the game in hardware mode and not software mode!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."