Mixing versions of Trespasser

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Mixing versions of Trespasser

Post by Shep »

So I loaded a beta 96 into the retail trespasser and got this...
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (9).png (65.99 KiB) Viewed 6722 times
Also seems like someone has not activated their computer...
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Mixing versions of Trespasser

Post by Draconisaurus »

Very strange... I can't think of any reason that would happen... You didn't change anything else? Did you check if beta levels look like this in that engine?
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Didn't do any testing but all I did was open beta 96 (it seems to auto detect my dreamworks folder), saved it and loaded that save in the regular trespasser. Maybe beta uses different cords and so when I loaded the game only the position of the moving stuff was there.

And they don't look like this when loaded into the engine.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Huh. I have never seen this happen before, and I've always been running B96 on the Retail, ATX and CE editions without error.

Didn't do any testing but all I did was open beta 96 (it seems to auto detect my dreamworks folder), saved it and loaded that save in the regular trespasser. Maybe beta uses different cords and so when I loaded the game only the position of the moving stuff was there.
That could be the issue...you there are a lot of differences in the levels between versions. The Anne model is different too so that could be part of the problem.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Well, the levels should have no problems to run with retail Trespasser since that was what people used to do when the beta was first leaked.

However, you say you loaded a save, which is probably the problem. Saves themselves have problems since it is difficult to share them. IIRC, the saves contain information where the save is saved on the computer, so if you use another install location for the game than the save, it will have problems.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Just so you know because you make it sound like I was having problems, I wasn't worried about how to fix this but I just wanted to show you the cool things that happen when you do this.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!