Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

DarkRex
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Help Needed

Post by DarkRex »

Hello everyone,

So I've been a long time Trespasser player and have never had any problems (well, other than the *typical* problems associated with the games) until now.

I just tried to upload the game to my computer, which runs Windows 10, and it seemingly uploaded fine but when I press play it says Fatal Error Occurred, and then that's it. I've checked all of the other threads here about fixing this problem and I've tried just about them all.

I've reloaded the game several times and still have the same issue.

I tried downloading CE and seeing if that would work but it says that I don't have smackw32.dll and can't be used.

Any/all help is appreciated, as I've been jonesing to play the game for a while now.

Thanks
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Help Needed

Post by TheIdiot »

I tried downloading CE and seeing if that would work but it says that I don't have smackw32.dll and can't be used.
This sounds like your problem - to my knowledge, smackw32.dll is used to run the game's intro video file, which is in Smacker format. Download smackw32.dll from somewhere (you can find it on Google) and put it in your Tres directory. Hopefully it'll work fine. :)

And have you tried the ATX mod? That might contain the needed file, though I'm not certain.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

smackw32.dll can be found on the disk in the setup folder. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

DarkRex wrote:Hello everyone,

So I've been a long time Trespasser player and have never had any problems (well, other than the *typical* problems associated with the games) until now.

I just tried to upload the game to my computer, which runs Windows 10, and it seemingly uploaded fine but when I press play it says Fatal Error Occurred, and then that's it. I've checked all of the other threads here about fixing this problem and I've tried just about them all.

I've reloaded the game several times and still have the same issue.

Any/all help is appreciated, as I've been jonesing to play the game for a while now.

Thanks

Not sure if this is still a problem for you, but when I had this I just used an HDMI cord and hooked my computer to my TV. Idk why but it works every single time on every tv I've tried.
In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

First you add smachw32 or whatever from the cd to system 32 (or just windows?) then you would make sure to click on the exe that is in the setup folders, or ofcourse trespasser ce. and for best gaming you should download the latest ce.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

tatu

Post by tatu »

You don't need to place smackw32.dll in the system folder, but in the same folder as the exe. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Oh correct, maybe he forgot to unhide it from the explorer settings.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

tatu

Post by tatu »

SMACKW32.7z
Trespsser SMACKW32.DLL File
(38.25 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
Here is the .dll taken from Trespasser. It should be safe to use. Just place it in the same folder as the game exe.