Newbie here

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

bumblebeef
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Newbie here

Post by bumblebeef »

I know I'm considerably late to the game, but I just wanted to say how excited I am to find this community. I just started playing through Trespasser for the first time and I've just lost myself in this game the past couple of days, so it's cool to see there's a group like you folks out there.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Newbie here

Post by TheIdiot »

I know I'm considerably late to the game, but I just wanted to say how excited I am to find this community. I just started playing through Trespasser for the first time and I've just lost myself in this game the past couple of days, so it's cool to see there's a group like you folks out there.
Good to have another aboard as well, and welcome to the forum. You'd be surprised how many fans continue to play old games like this well after they've faded into obscurity. :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassic World. 8)

Let us know if you need any help! Be sure to take a look at the fan levels which have been made. Lots of it can be seen on YouTube.
bumblebeef
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by bumblebeef »

Draconisaurus wrote:Welcome, to Jurassic World. 8)

Let us know if you need any help! Be sure to take a look at the fan levels which have been made. Lots of it can be seen on YouTube.
I'll definitely take a look after I play through the original game. As glitchy as it is, I'm loving it and having an absolute blast. For me it's like an unexplored chapter in the JP franchise. Like if I'd been sitting in a library room for years and knew the room back and forth, but then I found out that when you pull down one book from the bookshelves it reveals a secret room that I'd never known about before.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I'll definitely take a look after I play through the original game. As glitchy as it is, I'm loving it and having an absolute blast. For me it's like an unexplored chapter in the JP franchise. Like if I'd been sitting in a library room for years and knew the room back and forth, but then I found out that when you pull down one book from the bookshelves it reveals a secret room that I'd never known about before.
Quite the elaborate analogy, but yeah, totally agree with you (read my signature, it says it all in the green :P ). If you can sort of adjust to its wonkieness and look past the occasional bug, what you find is a very fun adventure and, to this day, the only "true" Jurassic Park adventure game. Make sure you check out the TresCom Trilogy and Dark Secrets if you're going to be playing mod levels - those two are sort of the quintessential Tres mods and will give you plenty of extra enjoyment (even more than the original game, in my opinion). Also make sure you're using Tres: Custom Edition at all times - it's pretty much a superior version of the original engine with some great new features. :)
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

bumblebeef wrote:I know I'm considerably late to the game, but I just wanted to say how excited I am to find this community. I just started playing through Trespasser for the first time and I've just lost myself in this game the past couple of days, so it's cool to see there's a group like you folks out there.
Welcome, happy trespassing :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Erm, I do NOT recommend using Tres CE for JPDS, as it does not contain the required features to run various things in JPDS.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Erm, I do NOT recommend using Tres CE for JPDS, as it does not contain the required features to run various things in JPDS.
Really? I didn't remember there being anything missing from CE that DS needed to run...there's the map system, I guess, but that's about it from what I remember. The only big things CE is missing from ATX really seem to be the rain function, map feature and spitting dilophosaurs. I went all the way through JPDS and the TC Trilogy on CE and didn't have a single hitch (aside from the missing map in DS) - I think CE is very necessary for running object-heavy mods like DS because it's sooooo much more stable.

Sorry about that though if I'm wrong. :oops:
bumblebeef
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by bumblebeef »

I just wanna say that I made a shot from the free-throw line in the village and I am exceedingly proud of myself.

It's the little things, I guess.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

bumblebeef wrote:I just wanna say that I made a shot from the free-throw line in the village and I am exceedingly proud of myself.
You can get it from across court if you try hard enough. :wink: Despite Anne's unused line of dialogue, she throws exceptionally well and accurately every time.
bumblebeef
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by bumblebeef »

TheIdiot wrote:
bumblebeef wrote:I just wanna say that I made a shot from the free-throw line in the village and I am exceedingly proud of myself.
You can get it from across court if you try hard enough. :wink: Despite Anne's unused line of dialogue, she throws exceptionally well and accurately every time.
Well clearly I have to do that now, haha.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:I think CE is very necessary for running object-heavy mods like DS because it's sooooo much more stable.
Do you mean the engine CE or the CE patch? As for the CE engine, it's the same as JPDS, as it uses the ATX version. As for the CE patch, it will break several triggers in JPDS since it doesn't use the ATX ActionTypes the same way.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

It's the little things, I guess.
Doesn't that start a loop of an Anne basketball voiceover? Or were the triggers moved out of the way? I don't remember...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Do you mean the engine CE or the CE patch? As for the CE engine, it's the same as JPDS, as it uses the ATX version. As for the CE patch, it will break several triggers in JPDS since it doesn't use the ATX ActionTypes the same way.
Now I'm confused...what is the CE Engine? I think I mean the CE Patch (the one by Lee Arbuco). Which triggers does it break in JPDS in particular? I know a couple of the triggers are programmed differently in ATX, but I don't remember there being anything gameplay-hampering.
Doesn't that start a loop of an Anne basketball voiceover? Or were the triggers moved out of the way? I don't remember...
No, in the release version they were moved behind the net (so you can still set them off by throwing at the backboard). Might be different in B96.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:Now I'm confused...what is the CE Engine? I think I mean the CE Patch (the one by Lee Arbuco). Which triggers does it break in JPDS in particular? I know a couple of the triggers are programmed differently in ATX, but I don't remember there being anything gameplay-hampering.
The CE Engine (it is called Custom Edition too), is a modified version of the Demo engine, with tools and the ATX patch applied to it.

There are some, maybe not anything that will break the game. TBH I think we (memebers around here), should at some point convert levels to work with CE if possible, those few who needs it.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."