Please explain this!

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Please explain this!

Post by Shep »

I have had this problem that whenever I go to the video options it goes to two smaller screens with what I think is a bad 3d thing. Please explain if this is common or not.
Attachments
IMG_20151210_041044.jpg
IMG_20151210_041044.jpg (931.2 KiB) Viewed 18890 times
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Please explain this!

Post by Draconisaurus »

As I posted in another topic, that is what it appears to be. Who knows why it's there, but I've found no way to stop it. Basically a small bug it seems some modern comps have to deal with.

PS: I tried crossing my eyes while playing Tres this way... Kinda fun :lol:
Fenris
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Fenris »

It's pretty if nothing else...
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Could it possibly be because of some settings in the graphic card? Some of them allow you to enable 3D mode.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Well, I installed windows xp pro x64 on my computer today (with all the drivers, yay,). Don't complain, I just had a second hard drive. Well it seems that this problem isn't any hardware problem but a software problem. Maybe it won't happen if I put it in windows xp mode on my windows 8.1 os. I'll try later.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TptDac
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TptDac »

I am also struggling with this problem after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (upgrade mode). The driver for my Nvidia GTX 560 Ti card was updated. It is definitely a 3D problem. If the Tres video options are changed, different in-game results appear. The funkiest is apparent normal view, but once a movable object (like a dino) is activated, it becomes 3D (two object images, pink). I will post here if I learn anything useful.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TptDac!!! :o .......... Welcome back!
TptDac wrote:The funkiest is apparent normal view, but once a movable object (like a dino) is activated, it becomes 3D (two object images, pink). I will post here if I learn anything useful.
What do you mean, "becomes 3D"?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:TptDac!!! :o .......... Welcome back!
TptDac wrote:The funkiest is apparent normal view, but once a movable object (like a dino) is activated, it becomes 3D (two object images, pink). I will post here if I learn anything useful.
What do you mean, "becomes 3D"?
I guess he means it becomes like sort of a stereoscopic image for viewing with 3-D glasses...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

3d trespasser would be cool.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TptDac
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TptDac »

Drac, Thanks for the welcome back. Glad to find that you're still here. :)

Here are some pics. The first is how the Video Options screen appears. This always happens. After that, the Main Menu, Audio Options, etc. screens take on the same look.
"Video options" appears like this.
"Video options" appears like this.
Video_options_bug.png (251.87 KiB) Viewed 17080 times
After changing any of the Video Options, the start of a level sometimes looks like like this, left and right stereoscopic images on top half of the screen. This has the same odd pink coloration.
Start of Pine Valley looks like this.
Start of Pine Valley looks like this.
Pine_Valley_bug.png (160.64 KiB) Viewed 17080 times
Compare with this old video, made in 2007: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um-EKnCci7c It is the same side by side presentation, only with otherwise normal images. I have no idea how the guy did this.

Also, as best I can tell, my Nvidia GTX 560 Ti card has no stereoscopic capability (you have to buy extra software from Nvidia). Beyond that, I get the same kind of results with both "primary display driver" and the "Trespasser" driver.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

So basically the same problem I get above. So far the only fix I know is to get an older version of windows, or you could do what I usually did and when it happens then exit out of video settings and then go back into video settings and change it again. Unless you get this right whenever you start the game because I don't get that. Also, on my windows 8.1 os there was white text with red around it, now on my windows xp machine there is only white, any explanation?
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Looks like something to do with the game being run in 16-bit mode and the graphics drivers expecting it to be 32-bit mode, maybe... I don't know.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mmmm I have had the green/pink double-image issue when going to the Render menu since I got my first Windows 8 machine some time ago. Back then it would continue into the game... Now on my Windows 10 it disappears once you load a level, and it does not happen at all in Trespasser CE.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

But does anyone know about the thing when you see the white text it usually has red around it but on my windows xp os it doesn't?
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TptDac
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TptDac »

Here are pics of some objects in apparent stereo mode (green and pink) on an otherwise normal background. I only get this under the following circumstances, with both ATX2 and regular Tres. Compatibility mode has to be off. I have to load a level, then change the video options (just a small adjustment on a slider bar will do). Then hit Resume.

This type of result goes away when I apply Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.
Lab level, regular Tre
Lab level, regular Tre
Lab_level_bug.png (423.78 KiB) Viewed 17057 times
ATX2, Pine Valley
ATX2, Pine Valley
Double_trikes_bug.png (887.93 KiB) Viewed 17057 times
Note that "stereo" mode objects only appear in the upper left and upper right quadrants. Thus in the lower pic, the trike tails are cut off.

With XP SP3 compatibility mode and avoiding changing video options in-game, things work well enough, except that the video options screen is in stereo (pink/green).

By the way, I can see the stereo effect unaided, so that is what it is. It is not just duplication of image. Try your luck if you like. It is easier with the green building in the upper pic.