Please explain this!

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Please explain this!

Post by Shep »

This happened to me sometimes. I think it is two graphics cards because I have two graphics cards and that happens sometimes. I forget the reason exactly or what I did though. If you have two graphics cards then go into device manager and disable one.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Would be good to know what kind(s) of graphic cards you have. Could be those.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

I have only had laptops since late 2011 aaand I am very sure none of them had two graphics cards (if in fact they had graphics cards at all)... Seems unlikely to be a cause here.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Well, it did look like that every time I opened gui app and when I disabled my card it worked. As for his recent pics, I think that happened to me when I got the 3d looking thing then exited out of jp and then back in.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

This is the same problems I have been referring to. I have only 1 video card, Nvidia 210 pci-e 1 gig memory the system is amd fx 4100 quad core processor 3.2 gig with 8 gig of ddr 3 memory I am going through video options 1 by 1 to see if it has anything to do with it. I also get the game to drop frame rates drastically when it starts in either ce or twilight versions. The game by itself without anything added to it is horribly colored as the pictures above and it has a slightly less frame rate.

After noticing here that some report better images with compat mode at win xp sp3.. I will start on those various modes next and will report here any findings I get.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Think I figured it out... try this.. if anyone that has the double image display (3d thing as above) go back into the ce folder or your installed folder there is a direct x 9 file there.. you need to rename the file as stated it has fixed most of my double image problems, brought the resolution up and increased the framerate for the ce version. still working on other solutions.