Terror bird

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Fenris
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Terror bird

Post by Fenris »

Right then, just so anyone interested knows, 'The Journal' hasn't been abandoned, I'm just recovering from my computer dying and waiting on some photoshoots so we can bring you some slightly more exciting illustrations, I can assure you there's a rack of uniforms hanging here and a small rubber dinosaur puppet waiting to see the inside of a diner, anyhow it's a long shot but does anyone have model of a terrorbird, one of those ten foot tall carnivorous ostrich looking blighters, just I'm going to need 4 images of one running in the general direction of the camera.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Terror bird

Post by Draconisaurus »

Can you supply an image or two of what you're looking for? Technically this comp's got a camera and there's a store in town which sells toy dinosaurs and such...
Fenris
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Fenris »

I'm sure I can scrounge some up, have you had a chance to root through my notes on the somewhat related project? ;P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yes... Getting to work on the level at some point soonish..
Fenris
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Fenris »

This is the trouble with my computer dying, so behind with everything...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

This is one if the topics where a few replies were lost when the forum had the hiccups. I remember mentioning there was a TV documentary some time ago about terror birds and asking about ripping some footage from it, or as an alternative, using Fraps to record some gameplay from Carnivores: Ice Age, you just net to get one of the terror birds in a level of that game start running at you...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Fenris
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Fenris »

How odd, thanks for letting me know, it could work, I'm going to need to start sourcing my dinos from somewheres, I was considering trying to nab screenies in Trespasser since then they'd match the ones in the tie-in levels (I will have to do much re-skinning) but I fear a number of dinosaurs won't be available yet or at all:
Terror birds
Eodromaeus (can probably scale down a raptor, in the book we're currently using a rubber beastie)
Troodon?
Dimorphodon (mine are a little different to JW's)
Rhino (do I recall you making a rhino? Either way we're using real rhinos for that)
Mussosaur
*Sighs* Indominus Rex

mostly though I think I can make do with reskinned Trespasser dinos? or would that look too ridiculous on photograph backgrounds?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Wolf, dunno if this helps but TheGuy (Matt) did stuff back in the day with bluescreening Tres dinos. Might try something like that.
Fenris
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Fenris »

Draconisaurus wrote:Wolf, dunno if this helps but TheGuy (Matt) did stuff back in the day with bluescreening Tres dinos. Might try something like that.
I recall that, if memory serves he was working on it for this project back when it was going to be a short fan film, not a book :P The idea is sound as it would mean we could keep dinosaur skins consistent between the book and Our thingy ;)