Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

JFKLetsplays
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Raptor's health

Post by JFKLetsplays »

Hello everybody,

Currently I am attempting a pacifist run of Trespasser, trying to not injure or kill any dinosaurs myself. I got inspired by the Pacifist% series that DarkviperAU did on youtube with GTA V.
I am at the part of the 3rd level, where you first run into one Tribe-B raptor, alongside one Tribe-A raptor. The Tribe-A raptor has died repeatedly on its own, once even before i got to my "safe space" on the cliffside where you can get by going over the fallen over palm tree. Tribe-B Raptor has always remained alive, that makes me wonder, do the two have different characteristics, like health, or speed?

Also yes, i am aware of the speedrun where the runner has skipped past basically any levels by bunnyhopping on a suitable object, but A) i never managed to repeat that myself, and B) this is more of a challenge :) I don't have high hopes of beating the whole game like that, but I think its fun to try at least to see how far can I go.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Raptor's health

Post by Draconisaurus »

I am interested to know, if your run includes bunny-hop or not?

As for raptor characteristics, the game is set up generally to have the raptors be more difficult over time, starting with A, then to B, then to C, so it makes sense that a Tribe B would be a Tribe A. This is not the case in the demo, though. Speed I do not think differs in retail/demo levels.

Good luck!
JFKLetsplays
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by JFKLetsplays »

Draconisaurus wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:56 pm I am interested to know, if your run includes bunny-hop or not?

As for raptor characteristics, the game is set up generally to have the raptors be more difficult over time, starting with A, then to B, then to C, so it makes sense that a Tribe B would be a Tribe A. This is not the case in the demo, though. Speed I do not think differs in retail/demo levels.

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply! I was thinking, if there is any sort of number value attributed to them in the game files, I would be kinda curious to see them. I am not really a tech wizard so i dont think i can manage to look it up myself, hell i tried and failed about 5 times over the years to run a custom map. But I do like going trough spreadsheets and such :D

I do use bunnyhop, although the results are mixed. Sometimes it doesnt really propell me much forwards, but I still feel like I will fair better if I dont restrict myself with not using it. Still, I think I will not pass the section later in the level with the crashed helicopter (if I can even get that far). The section in second level, right after the non fuctional phone booth (and the monorail track you jump on and then jump off) was painful enough, if it wasn't for the rocks that are sligthly further up the path, I think my effort would be dead there.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Typically, tribe A raptors have 50 HP, tribe B have 75 HP, and tribe C have 100 HP.

EDIT:
Tribe B raptors have 150 HP and tribe C have 40 HP in the demo level.
Last edited by Nick3069 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
JFKLetsplays
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by JFKLetsplays »

Nick3069 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:15 am Typically, tribe A raptors have 50 HP, tribe B have 75 HP, and tribe C have 100 HP.
Oh awesome, thank you very much for your insight!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

JFKLetsplays wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 pm I don't have high hopes of beating the whole game like that, but I think its fun to try at least to see how far can I go.
I actually just did this a few months ago for fun, without any cheating (meaning I didn't go out-of-bounds or exploit the physics, I beat the game as-intended), and I was not allowed to bunny-hop whenever a dinosaur was in its Awake-state (meaning that I only bunny-hopped when there were no dinosaurs around). It does get pretty tricky at times but it helps a lot to understand the AI, tricking them into getting stuck on objects or using them to block their paths. You really have to get creative with the Raptors in the Industrial Jungle gorge - I was baiting them out of the narrowest parts into wider spaces where I could trick them into tripping over things, giving me enough time to run away. The final boss is especially difficult because you have to stack crates while the three Raptors are chasing you around, but it is possible to get them near the cliff at the stairs that you climb and then shove them over the edge (since they don't take fall damage) so that they're out of the way.
JFKLetsplays
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by JFKLetsplays »

Wow, hats off to you then! That is a very big achievement, and you even used stricter rules than I did.
I think I am throwing in the towel at the Ascent 1 level, the last thing Anne did was smell ocean before being killed. Did my best with baiting raptors to get stuck on rocks and trees, but I guess i am just bad at the game and got killed regardless.

Managed to skip alot of the raptors in the "p(l)ains" area after the town, by somehow managing to get over the first washed off road part (you can actually climb up the hill pretty far up), and then managed to rejoin the area after the second part of the road that got washed off. Despite it being on an embankement, you can still get up on it early on, avoiding alot of the raptors down in the valley. I am quite proud of that.

Also fun was when one raptor in the lab level managed to get its tail somehow stuck in one of the roof supports of a shack (which you normally use to reach the atlantic container). It was definately a fun spin on playing the vanilla game, and I got much further than originally anticipated.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Throwing in the towel eh? Maybe after a break you'll be ready again. The activity sounds like it has a lot of stress. We believe in you. 8)
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Fun idea :) I'm curious, do you use the Tranq guns and rifles (not the toxic one, obviously) or would you consider that hurting them as well?