TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:25 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

hello, kinda weird qoustion, but i am at a loss here.

I am trying to create some buildings from Trespasser in UE4, but i cant for the life of me figure out what the textures inside some of the buildings are supposed to be.

One of em are the hallways inside the Cray Computer building, the white walls with the gray line, are they concrete, some kind of white wallpaper with a gray line painted on or is it som kind of railing (kinda like these http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/featur ... aship2.jpg but cant imagine why it would be in that building).

And what are the Red stuff Hammonds mansion is built out of? as a i said, weird qoustions, but i cant seem to wrap my brain around it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:38 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Hia. In my opinion, it's high grade, mold resistant drywall like you see in a hospital. Hammond's mansion I'd guess would be stucco? I never really looked at the textures that closely, but if you export them that ought to give you a better idea.

temp page Tres related programs and/or code.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:24 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Thanks, now i know what to google to get refrence pictures, didnt even know "drywall" was a type of wall material (English not beeing my native tounge theres alot of technical jargen i am not familiar with).

and stucco sounds right. Thanks alot for the help :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:45 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

I cant extract files on the PC i am currently working with at the moment, but is the floor in the "meeting rooms" the kinda plastic floor many labs have, or blue carpet since its a meeting room thingy?

Plastic:

Carpet:

Since i am just getting the feel of the place ive not added any dirt or anything, want to get shit right before i put in the weathing work (which i am not looking forward to since i suck at Photoshop :P )

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:04 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

I would go with the carpet. That plastic blue looks really weird. It looks more like it is full of water. :c

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:46 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Yeah, non of the textures are anywhere near done, its just placeholders, and I kinda agree, as a conference room the carpet look better, or if i would take a artistic freedom some kind of wooden floor.

[Edit] jesus i hate the stairs part of the building, i guess i am swearing in church by saying this, but i never liked the way the stairs was in the game. they felt cramped and steep for a old man like Hammond to run up and down, so trying to make em more... spared no expense i guess is the right way to say it. But making it fit and work is testing my paciance...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7ywKm ... e=youtu.be

does the size (length of the building) seem right?

(I am using ResearchIndicates youtube lets play to look for refrences, so since i dont get a real feel of the size by playing myself i am kinda shooting in the dark)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:35 pm 
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

That looks pretty good! The size seems about right. You might want to export the model via TresEd and measure its dimensions in Max if you want to be sure though. I think that perhaps the floor textures are a bit too shiny though, they don't look very worn-down like they do in Tres.

Sometimes I wonder why I continue to mod a broken, unpopular game from 1998. Then I remember the hilarious arm physics, the wonky dinosaurs, and, of course, the first set of boobs I'd seen close up in first person.
Yeah, this certainly is the game for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:27 am 

Personally I wouldn't care too much to fit the length of the original Trespasser building. From what I experience it seems like a lot of times a lot of the buildings are build without any specific measurements. This can clearly be seen with the Plantation House (the non-main parts) and Hammond's House, where the doors are like 3-4 bigger than Anne and looks really weird.