TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: RaftPole
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:46 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

So I was exporting object from AS2 earlier today when I came across this weirdly named thing.

Attachment:
RaftPole.jpg
RaftPole.jpg [ 90.13 KiB | Viewed 20 times ]

Raft pole. It can be found in the basement of AS2, both retail and build 96, and I haven't checked other levels for it. Have anyone else found this earlier?

Post subject: Re: RaftPole
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:44 pm 
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Never seen that before, tatu. I assume this was what you were meant to pole around the lake-bottom with in IJ in the walkthrough, but why exactly it's in AS2 is a mystery. Might just be another case of weirdly exported objects, like the burned crates.

Sometimes I wonder why I continue to mod a broken, unpopular game from 1998. Then I remember the hilarious arm physics, the wonky dinosaurs, and, of course, the first set of boobs I'd seen close up in first person.
Yeah, this certainly is the game for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:27 pm 
T-Rex Hunter
T-Rex Hunter

You know, at first I was assuming this to be for some sort of unknown river raft, but now I'm thinking raft here might be short for "rafter" and could be about hunter camps..

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:34 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Looks useful. Anyone planning to model a raft for this>?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:50 pm 
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Draconisaurus wrote:
You know, at first I was assuming this to be for some sort of unknown river raft, but now I'm thinking raft here might be short for "rafter" and could be about hunter camps..

I'm 99% certain this is the pole for the raft mentioned in the walkthrough, take a look:

Quote:
Lake
When Anne gets through the gaps in the forest, the hillside will slope down to the side of a large flooded bend in the valley. Something must have dammed up the stream bed during some previous rainy season, causing what used to be a small pond at the base of a waterfall to expand into this huge expanse of water. Luckily, when the hunters were on the island, a small party which had been separated after the raptor attack had time to fashion a quick raft which they intended to use to cross the lake, but something must have eaten them before they had the chance, because the raft and the long steel pole they had intended to use are still at the edge of the water.

Why exactly it is in AS2 is beyond me though since the Lake was clearly supposed to be in IJ, at the bend where the Rex is encountered in retail.

Quote:
Looks useful. Anyone planning to model a raft for this>?

Possibly, once I get around to Industrial Jungle HD, as I plan on including the Lake and Swamp... :wink:

Sometimes I wonder why I continue to mod a broken, unpopular game from 1998. Then I remember the hilarious arm physics, the wonky dinosaurs, and, of course, the first set of boobs I'd seen close up in first person.
Yeah, this certainly is the game for me.