A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Post by tatu »

Just informed several Trespasser devs about this... will let you know what they reply ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

The update (build 125) is available now.

Short summary:

fixed DX9 crash bug
fixed DX9 compatibility with Win XP SP2 and older
fixed support for scripted water color/alpha changes to have effect on DX9 refractive water effect
fixed fog color bug in hardware mode
added ini option to enable additional AI activities
added ini option to enable wood/sap material particle effects
added ini option to set max active AIs
added ini option to enable new experimental feature that activates AIs when rendered (to reduce instances where you see a frozen AI, but given then low number of max active AIs it can still happen)
added some debugging ini options for additional logging if needed
added support for GPU command buffer limiter (improves input lag and smoothness on on high framerates, usually better results than the software based framerate cap)
added warning dialog on startup if no write permission to game dir
...and some other smaller stuff
tatu

Post by tatu »

Fantastic!

I can confirm on my part that enable 6 active dinosaurs seems to work.
Also, I don't experience the lag in the retail town level with this patch, as I always did with the retail engine.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

machf wrote:
Lee Arbuco wrote:are there some actions that are more important than others?
Maybe the most important ones would be the ones used in TC Isle... for the "spitter", for example, and for the twin machine guns firing at the same time.
In the latest update I added some (optional) log info when an unsupported action type is encountered during level load. What confuses me a bit is that neither TC Isle (or TC River) had any ATX actions at all. There were no log messages found for unsupported actions.

On the other hand when I loaded JPDS, there were a whole bunch of ATX actions in the log.

Are the actions in TC Isle done in some unusual way?
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Lee, have you found the code to re-enable some cheats that were available in GUIApp but not the retail build? I'm thinking directly of "invul" and the auto-aim/auto-align gun cheat.

@hppav - yeah, I know what you mean about having a wish list of features. Dynamic lighting would be awesome, playing through the levels at different times. Even adding things like interior lights would really enhance the mood. Unfortunately, while I can poke around the code and reactivate things, actually writing any sort of graphics or game engine is beyond me. :(
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Lee Arbuco wrote:
In the latest update I added some (optional) log info when an unsupported action type is encountered during level load. What confuses me a bit is that neither TC Isle (or TC River) had any ATX actions at all. There were no log messages found for unsupported actions.

On the other hand when I loaded JPDS, there were a whole bunch of ATX actions in the log.

Are the actions in TC Isle done in some unusual way?
Hi Lee. My guess is you're checking out an old version of tc isle, before atx was introduced. Only the stand alone package such as the version in the trilogy download would contain atx actiontypes. Anyways, haven't been able to get to my desktop to check out CE, but from what i'm reading, i'm quite impressed.
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

Slugger wrote:Lee, have you found the code to re-enable some cheats that were available in GUIApp but not the retail build? I'm thinking directly of "invul" and the auto-aim/auto-align gun cheat.
It's nothing I've looked for. The invul command is easy to locate, and that's just some #ifdefed out code. The auto-aim I don't know. If I knew something more specific, what it does, or if there's a command or key for it, then it might be easy to locate too.
Rebel wrote:My guess is you're checking out an old version of tc isle, before atx was introduced.
Doh. That would explain it. I'll try to get the up to date version then.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Just downloaded the new version and will try it later...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Lee Arbuco wrote:It's nothing I've looked for. The invul command is easy to locate, and that's just some #ifdefed out code. The auto-aim I don't know. If I knew something more specific, what it does, or if there's a command or key for it, then it might be easy to locate too.
The invul cheat is pretty handy for testing purposes an for a quick run through of the level.

The purpose of the auto-aim cheat is to align the sights on a gun and correctly position Anne's wrist. When holding a gun in hand, you'd press [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [left mouse button] and the sights would automatically be adjusted an your wrist aligned.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

There was an auto-aim cheat?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

Slugger wrote:you'd press [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [left mouse button] and the sights would automatically be adjusted an your wrist aligned.
But that already works, and also worked in the original retail game (just double checked to make sure I wasn't going crazy).
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Lee, if you want to check out the ATX functions, here's a list of them:

Code: Select all

ActionType 100 - MatrixTres effect with Timer
ActionType 101 - Set new game speed
ActionType 102 - Set New Map (for all map displays henceforth)
ActionType 103 - Reload Anne's currently active gun(s) (no animation)
ActionType 104 - Modify Anne's health (no voiceovers)
ActionType 105 - SMK Video Playback
ActionType 106 - Load New Hint (viewable via F1 key)
ActionType 109 - Set CParticles Colors (CStartTrigger only)
ActionType 110 - Set Object Fixed Speed
ActionType 111 - End Object Fixed Speed
ActionType 112 - Set Mouse/Keyboard Input State
ActionType 113 - Set Player AIType
ActionType 114 - Randomized Instance Teleport
ActionType 115 - Use Object (a.k.a. Fire Gun)
ActionType 116 - Force Dino Jump
ActionType 117 - Initiate Particle Effect
ActionType 118 - Swap Instance Texture
ActionType 119 - Set Rain Effect (Experimental)
ActionType 120 - Set Trigger FireCount and Probability
ActionType 121 - Reload Standalone Gun
Regarding which ones are "important", I'd say 101, 102, 103, maybe 104, 105 for sure, 106 as well very important, 112 somewhat, 115, 117 perhaps for fountains/blood, 118 I'm not sure of, and 120. I'm no coder though so I have no idea how they would be implemented. As a modder I can say that these are probably the ones I'm going to be using in RTJP, and quite a few of them are in other levels like TC. I would love to see ATX implemented into this somehow as I've said before, as I think ATX and your patch combined would allow for a whole new "era" of Tres modding. Keep it up though, as I just finished Tres with this patch on and I have to say it is amazing how different it feels! You sir deserve an internet backpat. :D
Also, was wondering if you could post the hex-code which you put into the .ini file to enable all missing actions? I have no idea what I'm doing in that area, but would like to see the remaining ActionTypes ingame.

On a side note,
tatu wrote:Here is a picture taken from Hammonds window, with the view of the Trespasser Reloaded town, in its full size. No lag, high resolution.
TPass011.jpg
Woah, tatu, didn't know you were still working on this project! This was one of the first Tres mods I came across on here and was kind of sad to see it possibly abandoned. Very nice, please don't let it die! :D
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:On a side note,
tatu wrote:Here is a picture taken from Hammonds window, with the view of the Trespasser Reloaded town, in its full size. No lag, high resolution.
TPass011.jpg
Woah, tatu, didn't know you were still working on this project! This was one of the first Tres mods I came across on here and was kind of sad to see it possibly abandoned. Very nice, please don't let it die! :D
Nah, there is still work being done on it ;)

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Last night I ran into an odd bug while running the latest executable on my Win7 laptop... I'll try to see if it happens again, if it does, I'll post the details. (I already took screenshots, but maybe the laptop was acting up?)
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

Could you give a rough description of it? Maybe it's something I've encountered before.