A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:
glitchhunter09 wrote:So is anyone else having problems with the invul and Tele cheats? They're acting like they used to in the retail engine. Where you can activate them but they do absolutely nothing.
I just noticed that in beta130 some time ago... anyone else?
Crap... No, didn't notice. Is this problem present in the version currently on the OP?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:
glitchhunter09 wrote:So is anyone else having problems with the invul and Tele cheats? They're acting like they used to in the retail engine. Where you can activate them but they do absolutely nothing.
Not in the version I'm using - anyone know how to check the version number? Invul and Tele are both working fine, as are Fly and Woo.
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

TheIdiot wrote:Not in the version I'm using - anyone know how to check the version number? Invul and Tele are both working fine, as are Fly and Woo.
If all else fails check the file date and size. But typically programmers on the Windows platform encode the version information in the executable. Right-click, "properties" -> "details" or something should display it, IF "Lee" updated that.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Draconisaurus wrote:
machf wrote:
Crap... No, didn't notice. Is this problem present in the version currently on the OP?
I think I pointed this out to him, in regards to the invul cheat, and Lee said it would be fixed in the next beta release. Unfortunately, he disappeared before releasing that version. :/
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:anyone know how to check the version number?
Rightclick and select Properties, and then select details. The latest beta will be 1.0.130.0. So the version number is marked properly.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

And here I found Lee's post about the beta:
Lee Arbuco wrote:To be fair, only the beta is buried inside the thread. The first post has been, and will be updated again with the most recent full build, then the time comes. In particular the first beta or two had a lot of new untested code, so it was intentional not to make too easily accessible for the casual player.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

OK, this is from when Lee uploaded version 126 beta. I've marked in bold the important part:
Lee Arbuco wrote:Finally time for the beta. The package is a minimal package, only containing the exe and docs.

Changes:

fixed OpenAL reverb bug (caused dino vocals to be much too loud and other weirdness)
fixed inconsistencies(/bugs) in original HW sky rendering (vs. SW rendering)
disabled original (strange) behavior of muting ambient sound on dino vocals
fixed savegames persistency bugs for custom fog and water settings
fixed bug with custom water color settings not being visible for DX9 refractive water effect
fixed software render mode for win8
fixed ATX style TPA support (additive level TPAs)
added FLY cheat (see LevelAuthorReadme.txt)
added speaker configuration support
added functionality to (re-)save "clean" SCN files (with working StartTriggers and level restarts), see LevelAuthorReadme.txt
added (optional) CEntityWater parameters (see LevelAuthorReadme.txt)
added enhanced sky dome based sky for DX9 mode (for both standard sky texture and for completely custom skies)
added all ATX actions except 102 and 119 (will be looked at later), see LevelAuthorReadme.txt for some more details
added support for localized resources through search path system
added string resource file support for most strings embedded in EXE (allows for easier localization)

Edit: file attachment removed because of new version
According to this, most of the ATX actions were added by then, the exceptions being 102 (Set New Map) and 119 (Set Rain Effect). Has anyone verified this?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Eh, well, if all we are missing is the maps and rain, that's not so bad (though those are both very nice features).
I seriously doubt anyone's checked every ATX AT using CE... Though, come to think of it, I feel like an ATX demonstration map - using every ATX AT (including map and rain) would be a good idea to have around...

..Ack!!! I just used the word "map" instead of "level"!! *wallows in shame*
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

According to this, most of the ATX actions were added by then, the exceptions being 102 (Set New Map) and 119 (Set Rain Effect). Has anyone verified this?
I've tested many of the functions in various levels and in different circumstances, here's what I got (just copied and pasted the list from the ATX readme, feel free to add to it or correct me):

ACTIONTYPES
ActionType 100 - MatrixTres effect with Timer: Untested
ActionType 101 - Set new game speed: Working (tested in JPDS Plains)
ActionType 102 - Set New Map: Not working (tested in JPDS Streams)
ActionType 103 - Reload Anne's currently active gun(s): Working (tested in RTJP Testing)
ActionType 104 - Modify Anne's health: Working (tested in JPDS and RTJP)
ActionType 105 - SMK Video Playback: Not working (tested in JPDS Streams)
ActionType 106 - Load New Hint: Working, but functionality is different
ActionType 109 - Set CParticles Colors: Untested
ActionType 110 - Set Object Fixed Speed: Working (tested in RTJP Testing and TresCom Level)
ActionType 111 - End Object Fixed Speed: Working, see above
ActionType 112 - Set Mouse/Keyboard Input State: Working (tested in JPDS Streams)
ActionType 113 - Set Player AIType: Untested
ActionType 114 - Randomized Instance Teleport: Working (tested in RTJP Testing)
ActionType 115 - Use Object: Working (tested in RTJP Testing)
ActionType 116 - Force Dino Jump: Untested
ActionType 117 - Initiate Particle Effect: Working (tested in TC Isle RTJP Testing)
ActionType 118 - Swap Instance Texture: Working (tested in RTJP Testing)
ActionType 119 - Set Rain Effect (Experimental): Not working (tested in East Dock)
ActionType 120 - Set Trigger FireCount and Probability: Working (tested in RTJP Testing)
ActionType 121 - Reload Standalone Gun: Working (tested in RTJP Testing)

MAPS Functions
HUD - Onscreen heads up display: Not working (tested in JPDS)
JMP - Parameters for specific dinosaur jumping: Obsolete with re-enabled Act functions
LBG - Loading backgrounds for extra levels: Obsolete, you can just place them in the Menu folder
LVL - Level-specific TPA files: Working, but functionality and set-up is different
NMD - Night Mode specific object placement: Untested (not really necessary in my opinion)
PLG - ? (can somebody explain this one): Untested
RAN - Randomized object placement: Working, but must be set-up in level instead
RNE - Level-specific rain effects: Not working, rain functionality is missing entirely
SPT - Spitting CAnimal functions: Not working (tested in East Dock) *Why isn't this listed as disabled?

Additionally, Lee said he added more Dinosaur types for vocals, but I can't remember the exact number - it was less than ATX if I remember correctly however.
Though, come to think of it, I feel like an ATX demonstration map - using every ATX AT (including map and rain) would be a good idea to have around...
Definitely behind that idea. Wasn't this the point of TC~Isle though? I know it doesn't show every AT, but it gets the big ones down.
..Ack!!! I just used the word "map" instead of "level"!! *wallows in shame*
:| *takes note to never use the word "map" on TresCom forum*
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot wrote:ActionType 105 - SMK Video Playback: Not working (tested in JPDS Streams)
Damn... That was very handy to have. :?
Additionally, Lee said he added more Dinosaur types for vocals, but I can't remember the exact number - it was less than ATX if I remember correctly however.
Erg, would be nice to know... JPDS has tons of vocal types.
Though, come to think of it, I feel like an ATX demonstration map - using every ATX AT (including map and rain) would be a good idea to have around...
Definitely behind that idea. Wasn't this the point of TC~Isle though? I know it doesn't show every AT, but it gets the big ones down.
Eh-hem. TC~Isle came out some time before ATX. Besides which, this test level should be compact, where you can sort of travel around easily from one AT example to the next. Would be a good idea to have them visually numbered, too.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Erg, would be nice to know... JPDS has tons of vocal types.
I don't remember JPDS missing any vocals in CE last time I checked, but I'm probably missing one or two. So far in RTJP I've gone up to 18 and it seems to work fine.
Eh-hem. TC~Isle came out some time before ATX. Besides which, this test level should be compact, where you can sort of travel around easily from one AT example to the next. Would be a good idea to have them visually numbered, too.
Sorry, I wasn't around back in those days to know. TC~Isle does use a lot of the new ATs however, or at least the most recent version. But yes, a compact area is a much better idea...derp. :sick:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mmmm so I was just exploring a certain level in-devy by a certain member here and... Well it's pretty big and I used fly to look around.. Then decided to go where I was currently flown to... *types "flytele"* Nothing.. erm.. *types "fly tele", gets teleported back to spot I just flew from* Uhhhh... Is this a glitch exlcusive to the most recent CE beta or? Is there some way we can teleport to the current fly position or will we not have this in CE unless Lee returns?

Side-note... Should he return... We might want an organized bug/request-list ready for him..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Mmmm so I was just exploring a certain level in-devy by a certain member here and... Well it's pretty big and I used fly to look around.. Then decided to go where I was currently flown to... *types "flytele"* Nothing.. erm.. *types "fly tele", gets teleported back to spot I just flew from* Uhhhh... Is this a glitch exlcusive to the most recent CE beta or? Is there some way we can teleport to the current fly position or will we not have this in CE unless Lee returns?

Side-note... Should he return... We might want an organized bug/request-list ready for him..
It actually explains this in the readme for CE, I think - you type "Fly [number]" to start flying and determine your speed, and then "Fly -1" teleports you to where you stopped (it's the same as "flytele"). Sometimes it bugs out and you get stuck in the ground and die though, so I usually turn on "invul" before landing. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

...Oh! Cool, thx. :)

A note - unlike ATX, you can't change fly speed while flying, AFAICT.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:...Oh! Cool, thx. :)

A note - unlike ATX, you can't change fly speed while flying, AFAICT.
Aaaactually, pretty sure you can - while flying, just type "Fly [number]" again and it should keep you going.