A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Post by tatu »

Possible future request for GuiApp CE: When GuiApp gives an error about something, for example a wrongly imported model in a level, like in the early builds where all are imported as the same geometry. When loading a level with that GuiApp gives a warning, but pressing ignore makes GuiApp crash. It would be much easier if it could continue to load the level and give all errors instead of you having to fix it before seeing the next one.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sounds like a good idea... Btw, where is the GUIApp CE download link?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I agree that this should be done - let GUIApp print all of the errors, then have it crash if need be. Also it would be great if GUIApp could write all the printed errors to a separate log file.
Draconisaurus wrote:Sounds like a good idea... Btw, where is the GUIApp CE download link?
It's packaged with CE by default.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Sounds like a good idea... Btw, where is the GUIApp CE download link?
I would say it is not :P But it is in the first post as tpass-ce_edtools_v107 ;)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah thankies.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:
I would say it is not :P But it is in the first post as tpass-ce_edtools_v107 ;)
Durr, guess I got the tools file and forgot about that. :sick:

Ah, and Lee, just a reminder since this cropped up in discussion recently - if you get a chance, could you look into making Occlusion objects work properly? At the moment, smaller ones hardly work at all, and the larger ones seem to be less effective as you get further away from them. These are really important to have working properly since they're crucial to optimizing the level. :)

EDIT: Would like to request an update to the currently broken and useless Overlay ActionType. It would be great if there were a way to toggle overlays on and off since right now once you add an overlay, it can't be removed. I would also like to request a system to change their position, like with the Text action, aligning them in the center, top, bottom, left, and right of the screen. Additionally, if the format for overlays could be extended to one that can use full transparency, such as .dds or .png, it would definitely help quite a bit. Animated overlays through GIF format would also be cool, but I think that might be a bit difficult to implement.

Would also like to see a way to have objects not become obscured by fog - have a "bool Fogging = true/false" function or something like that.

And, just as an afterthought - would it be possible to bring back the original behavior of the dinosaur's physics, by any chance? In the recently found PCGamer release, the dinosaurs actually move much more realistically. They seem to trip less frequently, they don't bend and contort in weird ways, and their tales actually swing back and forth dynamically. This is just an extra idea though...there are a lot of ideas I have for "fixing" the dinosaurs but they're likely next-to impossible considering the apparently confusing code of Tres.

EDIT 2: tatu and I have been discussing another possible idea - the inclusion of a CCollisionTrigger that uses an object's bounding volume rather than one of its $objects. This would be useful to make objects collide, even if they don't have physics, kind of like a mobile trigger. Additionally, and I doubt this is possible, but I think it would be extremely beneficiary to have a function that allows a trigger to work with any instance of an object...eg if you could specify something like "bool AllInstances = true" in a CCollisionTrigger trigger with a string that identifies an object, such as "CTree00-00", and have that trigger go off when ANY object that is an instance of "CTree00-00" is touched (so CTree00-01, CTree00-02).
freezoou
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by freezoou »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to play this game again on Windows 10,but for some reason,the textures are really weird,all red.

Do you have an idea about why it does that ?

EDIT : Finally did it by setting Enable10bitdisplay to false and put compatibility to Windows XP
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hi, welcome to the community :)

Glad to hear you got it to work!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassic World. 8)
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)

Post by DennisNedry »

Hi guys! :nerd: I noticed there was a new version of the Trespasser CE patch. Is there hud functionality yet, like in the ATX patch. Because I saw a picture right on this forums post at page 9 with a fabulous hud. Just wondering how to get this. Here is the pic:

Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha. That level is "TstScnRld", the test scene for Trespasser: Reloaded.. Didn't know anyone had it but me and one or two.. Eh anyway IIRC Lee added functionality for the HUD. Check the last few pages.. *waits for machf to not give direction to said desired page'*
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)

Post by DennisNedry »

Draconisaurus wrote:Haha. That level is "TstScnRld", the test scene for Trespasser: Reloaded.. Didn't know anyone had it but me and one or two.. Eh anyway IIRC Lee added functionality for the HUD. Check the last few pages.. *waits for machf to not give direction to said desired page'*
Oh yeah, I see it now. It is at the bottom of page 50. So how do you enable the hud? I couldn't find any settings for it in the .ini file. Is there any way to get a hud like the one in the picture I showed above? It's better than the hud I used to use in ATX.
Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

IIRC, you have to install one of the HUDs made by fans.. Trespasser Twilight has several HUDs in "~\Trespasser Twilight\Game\MAPS\HUD" (see sig).
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

DennisNedry wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Haha. That level is "TstScnRld", the test scene for Trespasser: Reloaded.. Didn't know anyone had it but me and one or two.. Eh anyway IIRC Lee added functionality for the HUD. Check the last few pages.. *waits for machf to not give direction to said desired page'*
Oh yeah, I see it now. It is at the bottom of page 50. So how do you enable the hud? I couldn't find any settings for it in the .ini file. Is there any way to get a hud like the one in the picture I showed above? It's better than the hud I used to use in ATX.
Haha, that HUD is the earliest version of the RTJP HUD that I made. I have no idea where or how it got uploaded, though...I thought I got rid of that a long time ago.
Draconisaurus wrote:IIRC, you have to install one of the HUDs made by fans.. Trespasser Twilight has several HUDs in "~\Trespasser Twilight\Game\MAPS\HUD" (see sig).
Actually, the CE method of getting the HUD working is different, and so far I haven't worked out how to make it work. It won't load from the MAPS folder, and the INI does nothing no matter where it is. The HUD is implemented through CE's own scripting engine, which is significantly more code-based than ATX's INI system and therefore hard to use for someone who doesn't understand coding. :cry:

I've tried tinkering with it to get a new HUD working, but so far all I've managed to do is break the HUD entirely and remove the icons. The CE package should include simple scripts that give you an ammo counter and a health counter in the bottom of the screen, though - I think they are found in the documentation, along with a Map script and a Spitter script. You put them in the Data directory in a folder called "Scripts". :)
Sakke
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Sakke »

Wow, I'm glad i decided to do some lurking here after so long time. Definitely going to try this CE patch!

Btw, is this CE patch compatible with v1.1 Full Patch?