TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:37 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:29 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 11269
Location: Portland, OR
Heheh, just remember that if one person has Prugerredhawk-01 in their house and so does another, only one will exist when the importing takes place... best to put only special object instances (posters, random things like a custom bottle model) into your actual house. Or something will have to be figured, anyway.. tatu, if you're diligent enough, you could in theory check for duplicates first and then rename copies to different instance numbers, etc. :P We could ALSO tell everyone to add a sort of number in front of their instance numbers. For example, pick a random one.. 303. So all your new instances would have that number in front, i.e. "Prugerredhawk-30301".

_________________
Image
Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:42 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3399
Location: Sweden
Draconisaurus wrote:
Heheh, just remember that if one person has Prugerredhawk-01 in their house and so does another, only one will exist when the importing takes place... best to put only special object instances (posters, random things like a custom bottle model) into your actual house. Or something will have to be figured, anyway.. tatu, if you're diligent enough, you could in theory check for duplicates first and then rename copies to different instance numbers, etc. :P We could ALSO tell everyone to add a sort of number in front of their instance numbers. For example, pick a random one.. 303. So all your new instances would have that number in front, i.e. "Prugerredhawk-30301".



Aleady thought about that ;)

_________________
"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:46 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 11269
Location: Portland, OR
Ahhh great! :D

_________________
Image
Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:16 pm 
Offline
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:11 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere
well well, this sounds interesting... I did work on something a while back... (it lacked physics and used a plane crash as a makeshift building) but if I find some free time it might be worth a try...

_________________
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:18 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 11269
Location: Portland, OR
Shadow Wolf wrote:
well well, this sounds interesting... I did work on something a while back... (it lacked physics and used a plane crash as a makeshift building) but if I find some free time it might be worth a try...

oooooo, using the plane as your house? That's not a bad idea, go for it. Would give some nice variation to the level, which I think is the whole idea..

_________________
Image
Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:58 am 
Offline
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:01 am
Posts: 1168
One problem that may occur, new pallets and the texture space.
With everyone using their own textures, the pallets may run out, texture space, I suppose may be okay, but could run high.
Unless you've upped the limits.

I'd probably be the main culprit, ended up using a few too many pallets in the past, tried to curb it, but needed the colours :P
Will try not too here though, Will try UVW map it, but last time it did not work properly on a model :cry:

Hmm, my avatars gone walk about, time for a new one

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:47 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10950
Location: Lima, Peru
Your avatar (as well as other people's) is currently in limbo... meaning that it's still in the server but it's become dissociated from your use account? What was it like? I could get it back...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:12 am 
Offline
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:01 am
Posts: 1168
machf wrote:
Your avatar (as well as other people's) is currently in limbo... meaning that it's still in the server but it's become dissociated from your use account? What was it like? I could get it back...


It was a tooth, not sure if it was external or uploaded here could have expired on the host, but not much of a problem to need to spend time on, was thinking of changing it, may still have the psd too to upload again.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10950
Location: Lima, Peru
If it isn't this one, it's not on the server...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3399
Location: Sweden
enigma wrote:
One problem that may occur, new pallets and the texture space.
With everyone using their own textures, the pallets may run out, texture space, I suppose may be okay, but could run high.
Unless you've upped the limits.

I'd probably be the main culprit, ended up using a few too many pallets in the past, tried to curb it, but needed the colours :P
Will try not too here though, Will try UVW map it, but last time it did not work properly on a model :cry:


Well, I've already updated the SWP and PID with new ones, so it should work!

_________________
"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:36 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 11269
Location: Portland, OR
tatu wrote:
Well, I've already updated the SWP and PID with new ones, so it should work!

Indeed, the blank ones have a pretty high space limit, and the typical 98 palette limit which I would not try to push. JPDS has just barely been able to stay at 98 with tons of retail imports from all over.. biggest headache for palettes is TC_Isle textures, and/or of course other usermade textures that don't use original palettes..

_________________
Image
Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:39 pm 
Offline
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:10 am
Posts: 577
TL;DR
i though that the "project" was dead for ages, anywayz i doubt something will be done :/

_________________
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:26 pm 
Offline
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:16 pm
Posts: 730
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Dont mean to barge in, but... i'm working on an IT mod, if anybody wants to enlighten some ideas to make it a Trescom Town.

_________________
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:01 am 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 460
Location: Under the InGen harbors x_x
lol I have heard rumor of a thread floating around about the trescom town..... I think this level has the Pine Valley curse or w/e that was called.... a couple ppl get some work done then it goes dead for months on end o_o.......... I usually have the time for things like this, I could prbly throw something together thats original and interesting =3 I wonder if anyone else has raptors in there home :?

_________________
Once you see the pixelation... you're already dead...
ALL HAIL THE NARUTARDS!!!
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
The worlds greatest story.... OnceuponatimeTheEnd!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:17 am 
Offline
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:12 pm
Posts: 2197
Location: Australia
:x I told you all, all ready! The PV curse is in a jam jar on my desk, that black swirling cloud is just begging to be unleashed upon TresCom :P Whatever happens cannot be caused by the curse. For example, Hppav's PV level is fine and dandy isn't it?

_________________
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group