Website/Level status:

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Website/Level status:

Post by Rebel »

I see no activity here, gentlemen. We're still on the same shitty server, no tc_isle, no news updates....

Have we closed shop and someone forgot to tell me?

:cartman:
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-
Antispam: No

Post by Nem »

I'm also wondering about whats been happening... :(
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

MP, since it appears that we're not using this forum any longer, I think it's about time that we open it up for public viewing.
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Don't want to finish the final version first, Reb?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Nah, for what? I have no idea when that's (the final) going to take place anyways (Remdul n' Paul are busy with other things lately).

Besides, this forum can be renamed to public and another private tresops can be created in its place for future use.

I think some members would appreciate the read....
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

In that case, why not.
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

I don't think that all of the items should be openly accesible. We have some stuff around here, eg the general TC-River ideas, that i don't wanna give away right now.

However I agree that we could get alot of posts out. Maybe for a X-mas special???

oh and yeah, sorry, been busy. Hope this will change around x-mas though...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, setup the new private forum when you get the chance MP and since I seem to have more time than others, I can go through the posts and move whatever's necessary into the new private section. As far as tc_isle development goes, there's no reason why the public can't view those posts. It's been rather busy around here, and I'd like to see it stay that way for as long as possible. Opening our development notes up oughta help that along.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

You're absolutely right, Reb. Remember Troodon's project, the Hunter Camp? Apparently he chose to abandon it partly because he wasn't very turned on to the idea of not having TCOps production information readily available to him. I think it'd do everyone some good to be able to see what's going on - especially those that are considering to create their own levels. Still, it should be public viewing, but posting restricted to TCOps, in my opinion.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Agree, though there wouldn't be any posting inside here after we vacate to a new private forum, all topics would be locked down, viewing only. Perhaps as important as viewing info, it's also important for people to realize that level building 'isn't easy' and that we had our share of hurdles to overcome. ;)

Perhaps that by itself would convince others not to give up so easily...

*Regarding Troodon, Mike. Whenever he sent me a pm on a technical issue, if I knew the answer (regardless of whether or not we were working on simiiar items), I'd supply him with the answer. I was with Remdul (and madppiper on this); if you don't keep at least a partial lid on an active project, everything you work so hard to discover and implement becomes common knowledge. Might sound a bit stingy, but if we come up with a new routine, it should be considered within our right to use it first.

** I also know that he kept in close communication with Andres, so I pretty much believe that he was up to date on alot of information.