Trespasser Wiki

Found articles relating to Trespasser

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

MismeretMonk
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Trespasser Wiki

Post by MismeretMonk »

I've visited the TresCom Wiki a couple of times, and I think it didn't really worked out well.
There are very few articles, and most are loaded with span links. And most user accounts are just spam.
I think something has to be done about it. I would advise the following:

There is a wikia that is devoted to the whole jurassic park franchise: http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Jurassic_Park_Wiki
I think it's better that TresCom creates an account on this jurassic park wiki and moves all the articles of the TresCom Wiki to it.
TresCom can also create a Wikia-Project that is devoted to the writing of Trespasser related articles.

If the articles are on a larger site it's more likely that the wiki articles TresCom creates can be found easily and are red by surfing JP-fans.
I can imagine it's a step you rather not take, but I think the Tres community just isn't big enough to created a large wiki dedicated to Trespasser alone.
The jurassic park wiki also isn't that big, and many articles are full of mistakes. It is FAR from perfect but it's at least alive after many years.
There is almost no content about Trespasser. I really think it's better if we join forches to create at least one
wiki about the jurassic park franchise that is alive and of good quality.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Trespasser Wiki

Post by machf »

Hmmm... I guess that's up to Remdul and madppiper, basically. The spam flood was what brought the Wiki to a halt. Personally, I'd just copy the text, delete everything and start anew, with better security measures this time...

And welcome to the forums!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

The oldest trick in the book still works best. People can register free but are placed in a restricted group. Their contributions have to be accepted by an admin first. If 3 or so contributions have been accepted move the user to the normal group where he is not moderated. Done this since ages in forums and spam is next to non-existent and people are not annoyed. Beats any CAPTCHA or (fail-)anti-spam measures any time.
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
MismeretMonk
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by MismeretMonk »

Even when the spam flood is stopped, and TresCom still wants to make wikia articles about their stuff,
I still think it better that TresCom operates within the Jurassic Park Wikia than making a Wikia solely for the Trespasser canon.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I think the wiki should just be removed. Our fanbase is hardly active or big enough to fully support or update a wiki. I'm not saying that because I don't like the wiki. I think a wiki is a wonderful idea. However, our fanbase is a bit too small to really have many people updating it. Trust me, most of the forum communities I've gone to that run wiki's on their servers generally had a relatively large amount of users online at most given times. The more successful video game website wikis generally are successful because of the large amount of members that are online at any given time.

The Carnivores and Trespasser communities aren't like this... I'd say just drop the wiki idea but the admins can decide.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassic Park.

Yes I'm in agreement, wiki format is not the best idea for Trespasser. Better organization of existing articles, and updates and new articles, would be the better way to go, if people will dedicate the time.