NEW Trespasser Soundtrack Site!

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

NEW Trespasser Soundtrack Site!

Post by scallenger »

That's right! After over almost 2 months of waiting, I now present to you the new and much improved Trespasser Soundtrack! With a brand-new design by Roy Govier, I have assembled the ultimate content and presentation that blows the old site out of the water. While some of the content remains the same, there is new content worth checking out. And anything you may have downloaded from the other site in the past, definitely download again for they are at least partially enhanced in some way. For example, the Trespasser Soundtrack has been completely reorganized and features new tracks.

In addition to that, the site has 3 hidden features within the pages. (hint: it helps to move the mouse around as you look)

Enjoy!

http://trespassersoundtrack.trescom.org
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Re: NEW Trespasser Soundtrack Site!

Post by Christopher »

Looking good!
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sweetness. Loving the CD covers :D Have not listened to the actual music as it stands there now - as far as I can see from the download, it's all music I currently have, even if some of it is in better quality ;P
Bill Brown is the genius behind the wonderfully composed score of Trespasser. Since 1991, Bill has composed music for television commercials, news themes, games, films, theater productions, and other numerous sound designing projects. He has won a number of awards for his compositions, including the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. If it weren't for his immense talent, determination, and quality, the fantastic soundtrack for Trespasser and many other great games, films, etc. would have never been released for the whole world to hear.
Do we actually know he does music for news and commercials? If that's true, it could be the explanation behind hearing his themes everywhere.. In explaining the mysteries of hearing Tres music aboard, I believe we've been mainly supposing that his music was somehow based on "stock" pieces, but if what you're saying is true enough, it could explain that and mean that he's still composing music that we hear to this day..! I know you've personally chatted with him a bit, did he reveal anything of that nature?
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

You know, I actually wrote that info on the first Trespasser Soundtrack site, but fail to remember if I got the info from his site or elsewhere. I am pretty sure it is accurate, though.

Also, UPDATE: the site has updated the two secret areas (replacing one of the secret contents, and images that display when you find them). But more importantly, the soundtrack itself is updated with one track added to the bonus tracks: the beautiful piano version of "View of the Island" as performed by don vercitti! Lists and cover has been updated to reflect it. So you may want to download both the soundtrack and covers again, for I now think this piece is a GREAT addition to the complete soundtrack package, and is even a fan piece to boot from one of our own!

Also, I don't know if anyone realized: the soundtrack file comes with 2 tracklists- a regular one, as displayed on the site, but also a "ultimate list". That may be very helpful for people who like to edit levels and etc for it contains original track names, block numbers, and which source has the best sound quality (if available). It's a unique and extensive list that I think many of you will find great to have.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I liked it better when the downloads were separate but I guess I'll ATTEMPT to download them in one Zip file.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

scallenger wrote:the beautiful piano version of "View of the Island" as performed by don vercitti! Lists and cover has been updated to reflect it. So you may want to download both the soundtrack and covers again, for I now think this piece is a GREAT addition to the complete soundtrack package, and is even a fan piece to boot from one of our own!
Ah yeah, that old thing... Mike recorded a violin piece superimposed onto it, though sadly the synth+real instrument combo did not work well..
Also, I don't know if anyone realized: the soundtrack file comes with 2 tracklists- a regular one, as displayed on the site, but also a "ultimate list". That may be very helpful for people who like to edit levels and etc for it contains original track names, block numbers, and which source has the best sound quality (if available). It's a unique and extensive list that I think many of you will find great to have.
Ahh.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

glitchhunter09 wrote:I liked it better when the downloads were separate but I guess I'll ATTEMPT to download them in one Zip file.
Do you not have a good internet connection? If that is the case, aren't there download managers available that can pick up where you left off in case the connection goes bad? I changed it to just one file because I REALLY think having to download 52 files one at a time is even more inconvenient, lol. :D
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

There is an easy way to get individual tracks out of Trespasser if you don't want them all :P

Play it in TresEd and go to your temp files (C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ and you should find a wave file named "tresed877712.wav" Copy it out and rename. Sure it's not in mp3 compression but still, you'll get the individual tracks. I believe that like 99% of the known music files are listed in the Trespasser Sound Catalog, which is available on the TresCom Wiki.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos