Have you tried it?

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Post by TheGuy »

The software that my sister has can make some pretty convincing orchestral music, listen to some sampleshere. It's a shame she's so busy as I recon she could do a good job. :cry:
ImageImage
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

WOW!!! :o :o :o Both programs are AWESOME!! (Althouh they are expensive :P ). Anywone knows if I can downolad any of both programs from somewhere? (If you want, answer me by PM) Thanks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Microceratops wrote:WOW!!! :o :o :o Both programs are AWESOME!! (Althouh they are expensive :P ). Anywone knows if I can downolad any of both programs from somewhere? (If you want, answer me by PM) Thanks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
No discussion of illegal downloading sites.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Slugger wrote:
Microceratops wrote:WOW!!! :o :o :o Both programs are AWESOME!! (Althouh they are expensive :P ). Anywone knows if I can downolad any of both programs from somewhere? (If you want, answer me by PM) Thanks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
No discussion of illegal downloading sites.
Ups, I'm sorry Slugger. It won't happen again ;)
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Well, I've asked my sister if I can install it on my computer and she said yes!!!! Very odd for her, but who cares! I get to have my own orchestra! :P Installing now...

Edit: My god! It's 15GB on 3 Dvd's!!! Bye bye hard drive space. :cry:

Edit 2: It's finally finnished installing, and all I can say is that it's really complicated. :|
ImageImage
guilherme
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by guilherme »

a good MIDI synth has good sound ...
anyway, I can make it, I have music composition knowlages ... but I have no orkestra to play it ...
if anyone have it, I can make music tablatures and so who you know they'll play it...

the only thing I need to know, is what kind of instruments will play it ...

I think I can do something cool :)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Well I use acid for music composing....with that you can find VSTs which are virtual synths that contain sounds for any midi files...and also you can find lots of free samples...also check out soundfonts...
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

How easy is Acid to use?
ImageImage
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Well you can start making stuff pretty quickly, but it takes time to learn everything and to develop certain tricks and techniques. I've been using it for almost 8 years now.
guilherme
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by guilherme »

for making good stuf, you seriously need to know how does music works.
How does TIMES formation works, COMPASSES, NOTES, ACHORDS, SCALES, and if you realy want to do good stuf, practice a lot, and have good thecnics...

try to learn it, play something in an instrument, a fantastic one is piano, whics let you see how does scales work, instead of guitar, for example (that's not so easy). So, listen many, many, many instruments, try to play some of them, learn how does they sound and what are possibilities, listen many, many jazz and orchestra music, listen many many progressive musiciens (like Neal Morse, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, Genesis ...) and try to identify each instrument. Take a special aptention to all the compositions, bass lines, solos, achords formation, scales and passages through scales and times.
So you'll be able to start doing something...
After this all, go to a music school, a good one, and if you are a good student, you, for sure will be approuved in the exams :)

good luck
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

We could also try to add new music to the game, like Draco did for East Dock, and the music he chose was great!! It is from the first JP, right?

But appart from JP films music, we could use other ones. For example, a part of one The Simpsons Movie Tracks (the part of "Trapped Like Carrots" when the helicopters arrive) would be great for a scene where a Rex appears... Is it possible to do this? How?

Which music would you choose, appart from the tracks of Bill Brown?
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Butterfly (the first song on Draco's Trespasser in 6.6 minutes) for peaceful scenes like the beginning of the beach and parts of jungle road, Drac has a talent for picking the right music for his videos maybe you should ask him.
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

You could add deathmetal or rap tracks to the game if you wanted
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Rap :no: death metal is ok :yes: hmmmm reminds me of an idea I had, anyone any good with operation genesis?
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
guilherme
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by guilherme »

no Rap, nor hiphop ... lol
deathmetal is a good choice, but ... take a look to progressive metal, you'll see it will be better in here