Two New Trespasser Tracks Found

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Two New Trespasser Tracks Found

Post by scallenger »

I was on one of my music downloading programs the other day when i came across someone who had a lot of Trespasser music. I am always interested in seeing how other people organized their versions of the score, so I looked to see what order it was all in. Well, to my surprise I found a couple tracks I didn't have. I have no idea where this person got them from, since they aren't on Bill Brown's site or in the game's files which were the only available places to find the music (and how I compiled my release version).

These aren't entirely new tracks. They are alternate version of previous cues. But I am about 90% sure they aren't some fan edit. There are little quirks about it that make them too different to be done simply by some fan.

The first track, an extended version of the "Yacht Beach" track, without dialog:

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... rsion).mp3

The second track, an alternate version of "Race to the Summit":

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... rsion).mp3

These new finds aren't extraordinary, but they are interesting alternate takes. Finding stuff like this, now, makes me think that there still may be more Trespasser Music out there that we don't know about. More alternate takes... possibly more new cues. Anyway, just thought I would share these. I may put them on the Trespasser Soundtrack site sometime soon, most likely near the end of the CD with the Plantation House Ver. 1

Enjoy.

*NOTE*: If you have not seen my site on ALL the other Trespasser music available (as far as anyone knows), here is the link to it:

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/hosted/scall/
Last edited by scallenger on Tue May 22, 2007 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Maybe that was Bill Brown himself and you didn't realize it?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
don vercetti
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by don vercetti »

Hey, this is way too cool! :o

Yeah you might've stumbled upon, if not Bill Brown, then maybe a Trespasser developer, or someone from Soundelux.

Great findings! :o
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

I doubt it was from someone official. At least the person I got it from. because I noticed this person's other track names for the rest of the tracks were exactly the same as mine, and I made some of them up myself. But it must have come from some official source, obviously. I just don't think the exact person I got it from was one. I wish I could have asked him where he got it from but he didn't respond to my messages when I asked him. Oh well.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm, fascinating! These are awesome tracks! :o Race to the Summit alternate (which is really an alternate of one of the Rex music cues.. can't remember which) is definately going into JPDS1, I know exactly where, too. ;) :pirate:

Beach Ambient alternate is quite spooky actually, moreso than the original, and now without the voice it can be used for other things. I do wonder what I'll use it for...

I can imagine the alternate Beach Ambient was made in case they discovered they were not allowed to use that voice clip from TLW.. I was surprised they had the rights to do that in the first place. Perhaps this one was made as a backup, and when the game passed 'inspectoin', no one said anything about it so they kept the original. Actually I'm going to make a new yacht beach in JPDS3.. oops I didn't say that :P

Too bad you got no response from him.. keep an eye out in case he does respond. :P
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hmmmm, fascinating! These are awesome tracks! :o Race to the Summit alternate (which is really an alternate of one of the Rex music cues.. can't remember which) is definately going into JPDS1, I know exactly where, too. ;) :pirate:

Beach Ambient alternate is quite spooky actually, moreso than the original, and now without the voice it can be used for other things. I do wonder what I'll use it for...

I can imagine the alternate Beach Ambient was made in case they discovered they were not allowed to use that voice clip from TLW.. I was surprised they had the rights to do that in the first place. Perhaps this one was made as a backup, and when the game passed 'inspectoin', no one said anything about it so they kept the original. Actually I'm going to make a new yacht beach in JPDS3.. oops I didn't say that :P

Too bad you got no response from him.. keep an eye out in case he does respond. :P
They had the rights to use the name "The Lost World Jurassic Park" and some sounds from the movie (Not Being Dinosaur Sounds)...
salvosuper
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by salvosuper »

Mankind is overrated.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Some music from Trespasser was used in Clive Barker's Undying. Bill Brown revised some tracks to fit that game better?

Someone ought to check this out...
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Yup, the second track is from Undying. It's called Battle Lizbeth. I haven't found the other one.

One called "Soothing" is a re-mix of Hamonds House. Just about every track made for Trespasser is used in Undying.
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheGuy wrote:One called "Soothing" is a re-mix of Hamonds House. Just about every track made for Trespasser is used in Undying.
Hey hey whoa, any way I could get a hold of that? A remix of my fav theme might be kinda cool to listen to.. :mrgreen:
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Here ye go then.

Soothing

Edit: Upon listening to it again, I realised that it's not a mix of Hammonds mansion, but some other tune from Trespasser. Just got mixed up. 'Tis still good, though.
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ahh, indeed! Actually.. it sounds.. pretty much exactly like Plantation House version 1. Hmmmm....
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Oh no! It IS the Plantation House version 1. Damn, I knew it sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it and thought it was a mix.

Apologies for my witless thinking. :|
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha it's all good... hmmm... so Bill Brown did the soundtrack for that game, I hope? I'm wondering how some of the non-Trespasser tracks sound...
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Yeah, Mr. Brown did the music, there are a few good ones. Maybe I should pick and choose a few to show?

Wait, pick and choose? Sheesh. :yum:
ImageImage