Trespasser Sounds in Jurassic Park River Adventure?

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Trespasser Sounds in Jurassic Park River Adventure?

Post by TheIdiot »

For anyone who's been to Universal's Islands of Adventure:

I went to IOA a year ago and while there I rode (and loved) the River Adventure. I must say, it could do with some updates and a bit of music like in the Hollywood version, which I've seen on YouTube, but it was great fun and nearly made me tear up with the "Welcome to Jurassic Park!...da da daaa dun dun da da daaaa..." at the start. Anyhow, I noticed this while trying to rip sounds from a POV of it - at the part where the Raptor Transport Crate is hanging over the track and shaking just prior to entering the JPAC building, I swear the supposed dinosaur in there sounds exactly like a Trespasser Raptor. Go ahead, look it up and go for it: if you listen closely, you can hear the bite sounds as well as the growls! I didn't notice any other Tres sounds on the ride though.

Strange little discovery, but a cool one I thought.
JPController
Triceratops
Triceratops
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Sounds in Jurassic Park River Adventure?

Post by JPController »

The sounds you hear in the ride are the same from the first Jurassic Park and are the ones used in TLW and JP3 since Trespasser was made by Dreamworks and in conjunction with Steven Spielberg who consulted on the game development, it's safe to assume that EA had been given permission to use the same assets for all JP related games. (i.e. TLW: JP for PS1)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Actually, the Trespasser Team didn't get the rights to use the movie sounds and they had to mix their own instead...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I vaguely remember wondering the same thing after watching a video of it once. It did sound like they had some similar sources as the Tres team, maybe not the exact same sources...
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

JPController
That's true for the Hollywood ride for sure, I've never been on it but the videos prove it. The Florida one, though...watch a video of it and listen to the Tyrannosaurus at the end. No way that's Jurassic Park sound, it sounds more like "generic" dinosaur sounds.
hppav
I agree, maybe not the EXACT same (you of all people would probably know). I could swear you hear one of the growl or roar sounds coming from that shaking "Danger: Live Raptor!" crate which hangs above the track. It makes me wonder why they aren't authentic Jurassic Park sounds though? It kind of kills the feel of the Jurassic Park theme...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I have been on this ride and reached the same conclusion: there was at least one, possibly more, Trespasser-raptor sound. I suspect they are both from a common stock source, as are some textures and music in Tres. Good ear!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:I have been on this ride and reached the same conclusion: there was at least one, possibly more, Trespasser-raptor sound. I suspect they are both from a common stock source, as are some textures and music in Tres. Good ear!
Most likely; though it strikes me as odd that Universal Studios would choose stock sounds instead of their own sound library. Especially since the ride in Hollywood uses the actual sounds from the movie. It makes me rather sad that the Rex at the end in Florida uses those damn stock dinosaur sounds you hear everywhere... :cry: Actually, with the release of JW, they may even update their JP zone. Currently it's rumored they're building Skull Island and a King Kong ride next to Jurassic Park in Florida, so who knows what'll be next?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ooooo a new King Kong ride? That would be awesome!!

And I am concerned that their "Jurassic Park" merchandise will be replaced with "Jurassic World" merchandise with the release of the new film. :?