TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 am 
Triceratops
Triceratops

Since I'm into keyboards and such, and love the sound of the Trespasser soundtrack, and how moody it is. I was just wondering if anyone knew what exactly kind of layout, keyboard, synth etc. was used during the production of the soundtrack. I'd love to actually add a bit onto the soundtrack to put into the stream tpa, but without exactly knowing what was used, my hands are tied and I can't emulate that great sound. I was wondering if anyone could help, or point me in the right direction?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:03 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Well, you could try asking Bill Brown... or maybe he already mentioned something in an interview, take a look first.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:25 am 
T-Rex Hunter
T-Rex Hunter

Scallenger might even be able to ask for you.. They have well-established contact.

T-Script Reference / Trespasser Twilight / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:43 pm 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Did he use actual live instruments/orchestration? Beyond that, there are lots of virtual instruments/VSTs that can make great sounding orchestration

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:57 pm 
Triceratops
Triceratops

Second Illiteration wrote:
Did he use actual live instruments/orchestration? Beyond that, there are lots of virtual instruments/VSTs that can make great sounding orchestration

I know that, but I wanted it to sound a bit more authentic. Software and hardware from 1997 or 1998 would probably better give that Trespasser feel than something modern.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'll try contacting Scallenger, or Bill Brown himself. Try hunting around for some interviews.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:28 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

IIRC Bill did most of the music himself, without external help.

Scall and me got contact with him though Facebook years ago, he is really kind and will probably respond to any question you have :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:01 am 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

PsychologicalDevice wrote:
Second Illiteration wrote:

I know that, but I wanted it to sound a bit more authentic. Software and hardware from 1997 or 1998 would probably better give that Trespasser feel than something modern.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'll try contacting Scallenger, or Bill Brown himself. Try hunting around for some interviews.

I assume you mean more authentic to the time? As opposed to more authentically like real instruments?