Well, here's how to prepare a model in 3D Studio MAX or GMax for rigging it in TPDC later. Forgive me for making separate posts, but it looks more tidy that way.
1. Open your model's file in 3D Studio Max/Gmax. If it wasn't a .max or .gmax file, you should save it as one, then open that one again, otherwise the textures won't be present when you export to a .TPM file.
2. Select the mesh.
3. Select the 'Rotate' button.
4. Set the X, Y and Z rotations to 0.
5. Apply an XForm modifier (Modifiers->Parametric Deformers->XForm).
6. On the right panel, expand the XForm modifier
7. Select 'Gizmo'.
8. Apply the necessary rotations to the X, Y and Z axes until the model is facing the proper way, which is as follows:
- the head on the positive side of the Y axis
- the tail on the negative side of the Y axis
- the left side on the negative side of the X axis
- the right side on the positive side of the X axis
- the top on the positive side of the Z axis
- the bottom on the negative side of the Z axis.
9. Collapse all modifiers.
Visit The Carnivores Saga
- a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores
, Carnivores 2
and Carnivores: Ice Age
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference
and File Formats
Sound name listings for the Retail
, Beta 96
, PC Gamer Alpha
and E3 1998 Alpha