small issue i had

FAQ and tutorials on how to mod Trespasser. For viewing only.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Re: small issue i had

Post by gamernoob »

i was new to wally and then i had some issue after alot of attempt to fix the terrain object using wally i just failed it didn't work and please tell me the steps of using it and help me to import the texture
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

1. Open your level in TresEd.
2. Go to "Terrain->Select first terrain object" (This is the one who decide the palette the level uses).
3. Export this object.
4. Import any texture this object is using into Wally.
5. Go "Colors->Save Palette..."
6. Open other terrain objects you are using into Wally.
7. Go "Colors->Load Palette..." and select the palette you saved.
8. Save the image and reimport it into your level (by using replacing mesh option in GeomAdd, it will give you the option to replace textures).

That should be it :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

thank you it work now
tatu

Post by tatu »

Glad I could help :D

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

now ever since i am trying to make a dino fight video i am trying to make male t rex to fight alpha rex and other carnivore such as raptor and how to make it
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

So you can add/modify dinosaur emotions like Anger, which 1.0 is the highest for. Also, remove any extra Act___ actions you don't need for a fight scene, and be sure stuff like "ActPursue" are in there. The T-Script Reference has a list of all dino actions (see both my and machf's signature).
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

thanks after all i figure it out that i can just copy the script of the two t rex from a level called it and i just changed their mesh look to make it look like.
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

i had another issue that i can't believe that my tribe a raptor was the only carnivore that keep being attack while nobody attack the tribe b and c i guess i take the raptorA from dinolev. and how to make the tribe b and c attackable by the other dino
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

tried it on my a and b tribe raptor now it works but my tribe c raptor the a and b tribe doesn't attack them when they got attack
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tres AI can be strange. You might try putting these raptors alone in their own level and testing their AI there until you get it working; this'll also help you see what the external factors your current level has are doing to the AI, as sometimes that can bog it down and make them less intelligent.
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

int AIType = 2
float AIMass = 0.600000
float Danger = 0.300000

this script now i don't know which part of the raptor should i put so they can attack and nothing even can attack my Cboss raptor
tatu

Post by tatu »

"int Team = X" is what you wanna use. Change the X to a number. Remember that changing a script on one raptor might change the script on all the instances of it. That is why the official levels have different raptor meshes (RaptorA, RaptorA119-00 etc) but using the base (RaptorA) as shared mesh and physics, but different scripting.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

gamernoob wrote:int AIType = 2
float AIMass = 0.600000
float Danger = 0.300000

this script now i don't know which part of the raptor should i put so they can attack and nothing even can attack my Cboss raptor
Those are for the raptors' physics boxes.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

which part i can't locate them