How to run custom levels?

FAQ and tutorials on how to mod Trespasser. For viewing only.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

How to run custom levels?

Post by Melber »

Please advise me somebody? I downloaded the level but I do not know how to run it. files are just .GRF .SCN .WTD and nothing else. After you paste the files into the data folder, it still does not start. How does it work on Trespasser?
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: How to run custom levels?

Post by Hilwo »

At the main menu, press and hold Control, Shift and Q, then tap W once. A level select should appear now, select the corresponding .scn to play the level you want. This is the way to do it manually. Depending on the level, there might be other ways.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

What level did you download? You mention there are only .GRF, .SCN and .WTD. This means you need the .swp and .pid from a retail level from your CD.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Melber »

I wanted to try 1YL_DL.rar - 1 Year Anniversary Level but my knowledge of games did not help me.
Trespasser is not have any script option to enable level when clicking on "NEW GAME" ?
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

There's a way to add a QuickLoad button to the menu, can be used to circumvent having to enter the level select cheat. You'd have to wait a bit for someone else to tell you how, though - it's been too long for me.

Edit:
You can grab the QuickLoad patch here. Hope that helps.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hilwo wrote:There's a way to add a QuickLoad button to the menu, can be used to circumvent having to enter the level select cheat. You'd have to wait a bit for someone else to tell you how, though - it's been too long for me.

Edit:
You can grab the QuickLoad patch here. Hope that helps.
Glad to see you posted this one already. (As a sidenote, I've always thought that instead of "quickload" it should be called something else, like "custom load", but NVM...)

I think CE now allows you to specifiy which file gets loaded when you click on the "New Game" button, too...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hilwo wrote:At the main menu, press and hold Control, Shift and Q, then tap W once.