North Pole Chaos...

A discussion and "how to" of running Trespasser under the Linux operating system. You do not have to be registered for posting in this forum!

Moderators: scallenger, Dapper Dan, TresCom Support Team

Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

North Pole Chaos...

Post by Dapper Dan »

...using Cedega 5.03 on Slackware 10.2.

Scroll down.

Don't look at these shots if you feel they may spoil it for you...

Don't say I didn't warn you... ;)

"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Great screenshots! :D Looks a little different in software mode lol, not used to being able to see that far in the level... almost like cheating :P
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

At one time Trespasser ran well under Linux but would bog down when you got near bitmap images like guns and dinos and such. In fact, I'd say the quality was as good as under Windows, but that was several versions ago of Winex/Cedega. Trespasser in "hardware" looks very wierd. There are green backdrops to all the trees and no fog. Many items don't show up entirely like limbs, ferns and Anne's shirt...

In software though, Trespasser really plays just as well as under Windows. I can't see a difference if there is one.

Great job Draco! :D
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

I see you have numerous images ot that particular error. :wink:
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

the ARK wrote:I see you have numerous images ot that particular error. :wink:
LOL! I thought it was really funny how the firearms kept sliding around on her boobs every time she moved. :lol: