TC Isle with ATX2 / JP books / Carnotaurus in Upcoming Level

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

TC Isle with ATX2 / JP books / Carnotaurus in Upcoming Level

Post by NoTrespassing »

I used the ATX2 demo patcher to patch TC Isle. But when I try to open the patced exe, a message tells me to insert my Trespasser CD. Is this okay to do? I read that using the CD after a harddrive installation and installing ATX could rewrite the CD or something. So, is it okay to use the CD here or not?
Last edited by NoTrespassing on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Come on, don't tell me no one here has ever patched TC Isle with ATX2. Someone must know how to do it.
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

I havent tried using the ATX patcher, but I dont know if patching with the demo will do anything. try the regular patcher.

and your CD cannot be erased. a hard drive install is when you make a copy of the CD on the PC, and then THAT will be changed.
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Where can I get the regular patcher and will it give me sound and fix the smk video?
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

I am not too sure what you are asking for, or trying to do

but here is ATX v2.03 http://www.geocities.com/trespasserhacks/#DOWNLOADS

download the main package, unzip it to the area that you installed TC-isle to.

I don't understand why you want to patch TC-isle, I always assumed that ATX was not compatable with TC-isle, but if you want to try, be my guest. hopefully someone else has better information than I.

if it says insert your trespasser CD, well, then do it. i dont see the harm.

have you already played the regular game with ATX?
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Yes, I've already patched my Trespasser game with ATX2. When I first played the original Trespasser game there was no sound and the videos played fast, but after I patched it and followed the directions on the forum to get sound and proper video, it was fine. When I downloaded TC Isle, I had the same problem: no sound and .smk video plays fast. If ATX2 isn't compatable with TC Isle, how do I get sound and good video?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Who said ATX is not compatible with TC Isle? I have installed it on TC Isle... don't know about ATX2, though, but why wouldn't it be?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

I patched TC Isle with ATX2, but when I try to open the patched exe I get a message that says "Unable to find and load ATYPEX.dll." What does that mean? Maybe I sould just go with the original ATX...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

That error message is stating that the executable cannot find the correct dll. If you did not replace the existing dll with the one that came with the 203 package, it won't work. From 200a onward, all previous versions of the dll will not function.

The last isle patch already comes with atx version 1.62 -
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Swapping the dlls was the problem. Thanks everyone for helping me! By the way, what's a dll?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It stands for Dynamic Link Library, I think. They are files which contain common routines used by different programs, kept external so that instead of having them added into each program that uses them, they just call the routines in that common file as they need.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Thanks! Everyone here is so smart with technology. But I guess that's the result of coming together and working to resurect an old computer game with limitted info about how it works (engine, script, etc; not so much now though).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

^_^ It's actually an interesting phenomenon. The only types of people who stick it out here are the ones who 'stick with it', who have a passion for deepening their own understanding (not just doing things like others tell them), who wish to explore and not simply be given to, and who have either a good degree of talent or an excess in passion for creation. ;) There's also the inescapable atmosphere of helpfulness which promotes creative thinking and dedication to projects. The technical types we have around here probably stay for a few reasons, one of which would be that dealing with an old, unrecognized engine presents enough unsolved modding barriers to provide a satisfying challenge, in a community where their work will be openly and formally appreciated, without being highly criticized by pompous elites.
I think another general thing that keeps us all here is the relatively small size of the community. We're not too small to lose interest in coming here (having not enough things to talk about), and not anywhere near so big that mindless n00bs can have a field day posting random crap that bunches of people bitch at them for, or so big that it's difficult to become recognized, or the phenominon where you have niches of members clustering who don't communicate much with other niches.

Hmmm, pretty neat. You'll forgive me, but I just finished reading JP, having read TLW right before.. it all seems rather self-organizing to me. ;) Also a form of evolution, where we have a small enough environment of focused personality and profession types that the system acts to strengthen these qualities in its own parts. The "varients" that come along and aren't suited to the established environment quickly die out. The exceptionally bright or creative components encourage the rest to be even more like this, spreading through the small, dense population rather easily.

Hmmmm...
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

You've read TLW? How was it? Reviews I've read said it was too much like the JP book: two kids come along for the ride and the day is saved by clever hacking. I've also heard that Carnotaurus is introduced in The Lost World and it can change color to camoflage so well that it is almost invisible. That would be awesome to have in a new level and there are a few ways to achieve this concept. 1) A bunch of skins could be made and put the Carnos in locations that match their skins (a green Carno by some trees, a grey one by a building) 2) Have the Carnos transparancey depend on how fast it's moving - when it's standing still, it's invisible; the faster it moves, the more you can see it. 3) A combination of 1 and 2. That would be cool.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

You are in luck NoTRespassing...there is a cameleon carnotaur, but hasn't been released yet because we're still working on it a bit to try to make it better.

Let me ask you this....how many carnotauruses do you see in this pic?