Can play the TresCom Level.

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Liku
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Can play the TresCom Level.

Post by Liku »

Ok, I copied everything off the CD to "C:/tres CD" and installed the level. Now it says bring up Level Select, then I'm guessing Select the Level. But there's nothing but the regular Trespasser Levels on the list. Is there anything I missed, because I think there is and I'm too stupid it figure out what. ^_^ ()
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

Try using the scroll bar. Sometimes that's the problem (was with me)
Liku
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Liku »

That didn't work. Everything's installed to C:/Tres CD, should I install Trespasser again form that? And I read somewhere that I shouldn't have the CD in the Drive, so where should I run Trespasser from?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You still have to edit the registry so that the game will look for the files on C:\Tres CD instead of D:\ (or whatever letter your CD-ROM drive has assigned).
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Short of time, but --

Common Mistakes:

When copying the trespasser cd, be certain that you copy the hidden file EaHelp.GID. Without that file, trespasser will continue to ask for the cd. (If you've missed this, move that file inside the tres cd folder (1st window) reset registry settings datapath to: C:\TRES ED\ (if that doesn't work, just uninstall, reinstall)

Once the cd is copied, remove the cd and get it the hell away from you. (don't use it anymore) Install from inside c:\tres cd\setup

That's it. So long as you allowed the tc.level files to be copied inside of the tres cd/data folder, you shouldn't have any problems.
Liku
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Liku »

Oh! Thanks, I got it working. Thanks gusy!