Alpha Demo Video! - Released

TheIdiot's new mod set on Isla Nublar

Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Alpha Demo Video! - Released

Post by TheIdiot »

As I've stated a couple times before, soon I will be uploading an early gameplay video to Youtube and Moddb. Currently I have a recording but I managed to botch the final version of the trailer in post with a poor export, which means I have to go back and re-do the whole trailer.
What this however DOES mean is that the video is just about ready! Expect a release in 1-3 days time from now. The video will be uploaded to this post so check back here when it is released. :)

EDIT: The trailer is online now! Check it out here in stunning 380p! :P
Last edited by TheIdiot on Sat May 14, 2016 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Alpha Demo Video! - Coming soon

Post by TheIdiot »

Hooray! The trailer is currently uploading and will be online soon! Check the first post for the upload. I apologize in advance for the crappy quality - I got sick of attempting to re-render it in better quality after failing repeatedly. It was either I wait another like 3 or 4 days and potentially not even get it fixed by then, or just put it up as-is. :sick:
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Alpha Demo Video! - Released

Post by Deagles4life »

https://www.facebook.com/20531316728/po ... 990506729/ I shared it on my facebook page. Nice work!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Deagles4life wrote:https://www.facebook.com/20531316728/po ... 990506729/ I shared it on my facebook page. Nice work!
Thanks a lot, man! I don't personally have Facebook but I trust it's in good hands. :)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Now that's some beautiful work right there!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Very impressive 8)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

So this is what you had posted last night... I noticed you had made a new post in this section, but I was about to go to sleep by then. Going to watch it in a while...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:Now that's some beautiful work right there!
Hilwo wrote:Very impressive 8)
Thank you very much. :) Any thoughts on what you saw?
machf wrote:So this is what you had posted last night... I noticed you had made a new post in this section, but I was about to go to sleep by then. Going to watch it in a while...
Yeah, I hit the sack right after posting, too. Did you ever take a look at it?

Also I'm currently working on trying to fix the crappy video quality, it seems Youtube compressed it even further.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote: Yeah, I hit the sack right after posting, too. Did you ever take a look at it?
Not yet. I went out in the afternoon, just returned a few minutes ago, and I'm too tired now...
Also I'm currently working on trying to fix the crappy video quality, it seems Youtube compressed it even further.
Hmmm... doesn't YouTube allow you to select the resolution when watching it? Let me see tomorrow...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Looking good dude! Your audio sounded much better than what I'm used to with my laptop. Can you name the sound card off the top of your head? That mountain in the distance too was nice -- nice visuals all around!
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Slugger wrote:Looking good dude! Your audio sounded much better than what I'm used to with my laptop. Can you name the sound card off the top of your head? That mountain in the distance too was nice -- nice visuals all around!
Um, all I know is that it's a RealTek card and I had it on 5.1 surround sound since I don't use a laptop. I think you might also have thought it sounded better because I replaced a lot of the sounds with new ones in the mod's TPAs - footsteps in particular are different, plus there were the new gunshots, dino sounds and Diane's voice. The sound was actually even better before the quality loss. :?
And thanks for the input on the visuals - that mountain isn't just for show, you'll actually be climbing to the top at one point. In fact, pretty much the entire island is accessible, all in one level.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, the level surely looks great and the way the video ends makes it look promising, but the video quality... ugh... (or did you attempt to make it look like it was made in 1998?)

My only concern: why did that Stegosaur look so... immobile? It would have been much better if it was chewing some plants, or drinking some water, or just looking around,or wahtever...

Oh, and it looks like you're a lousy shot. :wink:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Well, the level surely looks great and the way the video ends makes it look promising, but the video quality... ugh... (or did you attempt to make it look like it was made in 1998?)
Uh...yeah! That's it! Was going for the old school style![/lie]
The quality was much better when I first recorded it (was 720p), but when I rendered it in Vegas it dropped slightly, and Youtube decimated it even further.
My only concern: why did that Stegosaur look so... immobile? It would have been much better if it was chewing some plants, or drinking some water, or just looking around,or wahtever...
That's a damn good question. I've programmed it to eat and stuff, even wander to several different anchors, but for some reason when I arrived in the video it wasn't moving. You can see the baby steg eating behind it so I guess it was just a random behavior thing. This was my fourth time recording this section so I decided to just go with it. :sick:
Oh, and it looks like you're a lousy shot. :wink:
That was deliberate! :wink: I wanted to show off A. Diane's new voice and B. the added "whoosh" sounds to melee weapons.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
That's a damn good question. I've programmed it to eat and stuff, even wander to several different anchors, but for some reason when I arrived in the video it wasn't moving. You can see the baby steg eating behind it so I guess it was just a random behavior thing. This was my fourth time recording this section so I decided to just go with it. :sick:
Remember some dinosaurs can freeze if you have the max activated dinosaurs on, since it doesn't always pick the ones closest to you. If you don't use that, too many dinosaurs in one area can also make that behavior.

Second, if you have too many dinosaurs in one level, their emoticons can break. Draco discovered this during the work on JPDS.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Remember some dinosaurs can freeze if you have the max activated dinosaurs on, since it doesn't always pick the ones closest to you. If you don't use that, too many dinosaurs in one area can also make that behavior.
I've noted this, I believe the limit is 6. But there aren't any other dinosaurs in the area to interfere, they're all spawned in via triggers anyway. It's just two stegosaurs and nothing else. Usually the stegs act normally though, I think it was just a coincidence.
Second, if you have too many dinosaurs in one level, their emoticons can break. Draco discovered this during the work on JPDS.
Huh, did not know that. I'll have to be careful about that, then. Would it be possible to resurrect a dead dinosaur by setting its health to full via triggers once it's dead? At the moment I think the dino count including the ones waiting to be teleported in is like...50? I had just over 100 in the old RTJP level and there weren't any problems.