Trespasser Reloaded - Recoded

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Andreas Triassicus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Trespasser Reloaded - Recoded

Post by Andreas Triassicus »

Anna wrote:You're amazing Rex! You've already made a lot in very short time! :o.

And I'm probably the only one who would like a more... Realistic model :lol:. Not just boobs all-over.
And a cheeseburger :)
I say bigger boobs! Like Eidos did with Tomb Raider 2. You can't go wrong! :wink:
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

Andreas Triassicus wrote:
Anna wrote:You're amazing Rex! You've already made a lot in very short time! :o.

And I'm probably the only one who would like a more... Realistic model :lol:. Not just boobs all-over.
And a cheeseburger :)
I say bigger boobs! Like Eidos did with Tomb Raider 2. You can't go wrong! :wink:
I think the boobs are fine, but maybe they could have a little Dead or Alive effect? ;D
With Trespasser, you can!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

lol stop just focus on the bobs lol. I think we should see if any devs might got any more concept arts on Anne, and try making her out of that
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Andreas Triassicus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Just joking :wink:

The important thing is that we are now possibly getting closer to the experience that all the videos and magazine articles promised us back then.
How about totally re-doing Anne, giving her two arms, or at least let her hold a rifle steadily with two arms (the left being automatic). You know, get away from that arm-simulator reputation that Tres has?
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I would like to see better movement for animals/ more complex AI.

I could help with creating some textures (not applying to models, just the art), and possibly some music, as I know both of those things would be further down the line and in the future I may have some time
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Second Illiteration wrote:I would like to see better movement for animals/ more complex AI.

I could help with creating some textures (not applying to models, just the art), and possibly some music, as I know both of those things would be further down the line and in the future I may have some time
For the dinosaurs/animals, I was thinking of getting rid of the physics based animations, they're just too free-form to truly work properly in any game application, so I want to utilize a more common approach, where AI can have multiple animations blended to form one animation (turning their head as they walk and swish their tail for instance) this way dinosaurs won't end up having their heads stuck up their butt's, and we can have the feet angled to be standing on terrain properly.

As for textures, feel free to make whatever you like when the time comes, our limits are 1024x1024 and 32-bit images ;) so you can have a lot of detail and color.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

One of the big jobs that will be required is someone to merge textures from the original game and remap those new huge textures onto the original models. I won't be available for that I'm afraid. Someone needs to be identified as the one who will take care of that..

For Anne, we have some nice full-body concept art of her. What we really need is a modeler to make her..

For items, I think guns should be limited to 2, and then an inventory for all the small stuff. Are you planning to make an arm control or go modern?

And by the way, some of these requests are features of JPDS ;)
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Hmm...wanna give hints as to WHICH ones, Draco? Or stay as elusive as ever? :P
tatu

Post by tatu »

Trespasser wouldn't be Trespasser without her arm

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Her arm most certainly will stay.. though some things will change, such as handling weapons. She grips two handed weapons with both hands, and you can't move her arm while she holds a weapon.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Andreas Triassicus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

That sounds good! I am also glad you will move away from physics based animation.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Removing physics based animation is a bad idea, that's one of my favorite things about trespasser, it doesn't feel right to remove it.
I think this project should only be a smoother running Trespasser, with built-in ATX functions. If you change the max resolution for textures then levels will not be backwards compatible. Same thing if you increase the max polygon count per mesh.

How is multiplayer going to work? How will the game know which player model to use if there are multiple of them?
Andreas Triassicus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Nick3069 wrote:Removing physics based animation is a bad idea, that's one of my favorite things about trespasser, it doesn't feel right to remove it.
I think this project should only be a smoother running Trespasser, with built-in ATX functions. If you change the max resolution for textures then levels will not be backwards compatible. Same thing if you increase the max polygon count per mesh.

How is multiplayer going to work? How will the game know which player model to use if there are multiple of them?
Trespasser was not a good product by far, and although it was revolutionary in many areas it had (and still has) too many technical shortcomings that seriously affected the playability and enjoyment, hence all the bad reviews. And now that it seems we (well, you guys) have the chance, why not try to do more than only improving fps? Finally we can make it the enjoyable experience it was meant to be from the start! If all we're going to end up with is just a little smoother running edition of the same bug-ridden, rushed excuse for a game, then what is the point?

If only I was skilled in programming or modelling I would sign up at once.. And the closest I come to graphics design is what you see in my avatar :D
Last edited by Andreas Triassicus on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I must agree to Nick. If Trespasser get too good graphic it will turn out to be another game. I would rather question the devs about plans etc... and then add what they wanted. Make the "real" Trespasser.

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

So you don't want better graphics? To me that seems like a ridiculous statement. Why wouldn't you want better graphics, or dinosaurs that didn't constantly trip and fold up on themselves? Why just remake exactly what trespasser already is, makes a remake pointless...