Trespasser Reloaded - Recoded

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Trespasser Reloaded - Recoded

Post by RexHunter99 »

Hell yeah I have, and now it's time for me to hit the sack and catch some zeds, let's hope to god I wake up in time for work.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Now I knew my terrain engine was powerful but... just wow. It's rendering over 12,768 triangles with no visible lag!
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

RexHunter99 wrote:Now I knew my terrain engine was powerful but... just wow. It's rendering over 12,768 triangles with no visible lag!
:wink: awesome work rex 8)
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I'd love to see a capability of controlling the arm more appropriately. (without the twisting and shit.) as well as fixing the problems with the skeleton system the dinosaurs use, as well as a fail safe just in case objects get stuck within one another, such as the objects getting thrown back away from each other when they get stuck.

I think the dinosaur behavior should also be improved to where it won't cause so many problems. And also the number of dinosaurs that can be activated by their AI's improved.

Many of the other things have already been mentioned by others.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

One last image before bed *yawns* 2:15 am here...
EpicZen
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Post by LtSten »

Wow Rex, looking good indeed. 8)
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Everything stated above, and also: other humans, the ability to carry more than two objects, a full player model, and I'd also like to stress the vehicles, swimming underwater and multiplayer that has already been suggested. Oh, and I'm very impressed, Rex. :lol:
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

jetblack wrote:Everything stated above, and also: other humans, the ability to carry more than two objects, a full player model, and I'd also like to stress the vehicles, swimming underwater and multiplayer that has already been suggested. Oh, and I'm very impressed, Rex. :lol:
I think it's a good thing that you can carry only two weapons, but I think it would be good to add an extra slot for keycards and such!

And a little improvement idea:

If there would be medpacks to restore health and the health wouldn't restore itself, it would be nice that when Anne is damaged, she would start moving more slowly and she could also "bleed" so that nearby raptors (or other carnivores of course) would smell it and become more aggressive and they would also wake up earlier? I think that could add more danger and fear in to the gameplay? And the medpacks could also be saved for a later use for it's own slot without replacing weapons or keycards?
With Trespasser, you can!
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Come to think of it, Ves, that's a good idea, with the different slots for keycards and such...what about a scrolling mini-inventory in a corner of a HUD with a list of your items?
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

jetblack wrote:Come to think of it, Ves, that's a good idea, with the different slots for keycards and such...what about a scrolling mini-inventory in a corner of a HUD with a list of your items?
Well, I think a HUD should be only optional. I myself don't think a HUD would work in Trespasser, for me it it would destroy the feeling. But I think if it's optional, then I wouldn't mind :)
With Trespasser, you can!
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Yes, a HUD on/off button, then, please. :P

One thing I'd like to see changed is the health meter. Maybe kep the tits, but change the health somehow. (I'm not suggesting flashing boobs, the faster they flash, the lower your health, though.)
Last edited by LtSten on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Andreas Triassicus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Andreas Triassicus »

I have not been here in a while, but WOW!

All I can say is awesome, just awesome. You know you are fulfilling our wet trespasser-dreams? Thanks a million! I really hope you succeed in pulling a team together RexHunter!

The improvements I have always wanted to see in trespasser are:

- dinos, they need to be way smarter and agile. Raptors skins should be like the JP raptors.
- vegetation, has to be more dense and jungle like. Like in that old demo video where anne briefly walks through the jungle.
- framerate and draw distance, graphics in general - should be much better (which I understand you have adressed with great results)
- Anne, she should have faster movement and not get stuck everywhere.
- Most of the points that others here have mentioned.
In general get rid of all the bugs and stupid things from original Tres.

Have you considered having some suiting background music in the new Tres, not only the original incidental music? I am a hobby musician and if I could contribute with anything that could be real fun!

I am grateful for the work of all the other guys here that improves Trespasser too, but this news really made my day. :)
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Andreas Triassicus wrote: Have you considered having some suiting background music in the new Tres, not only the original incidental music? I am a hobby musician and if I could contribute with anything that could be real fun!

I am grateful for the work of all the other guys here that improves Trespasser too, but this news really made my day. :)
I'd not mind new music myself, but Bill Brown's OST has this magic touch to it so it also stays (there's still plenty of room for new tracks XD)
EpicZen
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

You're amazing Rex! You've already made a lot in very short time! :o.

And I'm probably the only one who would like a more... Realistic model :lol:. Not just boobs all-over.
And a cheeseburger :)
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Andreas Triassicus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Andreas Triassicus »

RexHunter99 wrote:I'd not mind new music myself, but Bill Brown's OST has this magic touch to it so it also stays (there's still plenty of room for new tracks XD)
Indeed, his tracks are great!