Read all the other stories from the world

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Sky, madppiper

DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops
Antispam: No

Bite Of The Raptor

Post by DeadEye »

EDIT: I'm amazed this thread is still somewhat near the top of this board, even though I've been gone for two years! Keep it up, guys.

(What would a raptor attack be like if Anne hadn't shot in time? Post it here.)

I raised the Deagle to the raptor's snout, but it had already leaped into the air, and pinned me to the ground with powerful hind legs. It snarled as it sunk it's teeth into my shoulder, and I let out a yowl of pain. My shoulder felt like it was on fire, all those teeth stabbing like knives through my flesh. Pain seared through my chest as it flicked the toe claws in and out, in and out. I heard more screeches, chirps of excitement. Soon I saw more orange shapes crowd around me until pain consumed me, and it all went black.
Last edited by DeadEye on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not the pace of life I mind. It's the sudden stop at the end."
~Hobbes

"It does not take the world's most powerful nations to spark the next global conflict. Just the will, of one man."
~Vladimir Makarov
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Bite Of The Raptor

Post by Draconisaurus »

She turned around from the bridge control to see where the noise came from. Too late - the raptor was already staring right at her. She fumbled for her gun but the raptor just jumped right into her, knocking her back onto the bridge. The control to let down the bridge was just an arm's length away... She yelled at the raptor's face and reached for the lever while it was distracted. Too slow - the raptor saw her hand and bit into it.
"Aaaaahhhhh, nuts!! This is MADNESS!"
Just then a figure appeared from out of the brush nearby, as if by scripted teleportation. He was dressed in naught but a leather codpiece and crimson cape, and sported short black hair and a sharp beard.
"Madness?"
The raptor turned to see who had suddenly come up from behind. The man continued:
"THIS! IS! SPAAARTAAA!!"
He then kicked the raptor with a single blow of his mighty foot, sending it through the handrails of the bridge and into the dry riverbed below. There was a crack, and nothing more. Then the strange man made a quick bow and disappeared again into the forest.
Anne got up, looking in shock at the place where the man had disappeared. "Hey, where do you think you're going?! IIIIIII AAAAAAAAMM SPARTACUUUUUUUUUUS!!!!"
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Haha, both very good, I really liked Drac's though, with the whole Sparta reference. Well, more than just a reference, but still..
Would be awesome if that coudl actually be done ingame sometime. :( Stupid humanoids.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DeadEye »

She was just about to hit the emergency beacon button when she heard a snuffling at the door. Her instincts told her what it was. She lunged for a chair to wedge under the doorknob, but a mighty crash told her it was too late. The raptor entered the room, lips curled back in a menacing snarl. She froze, meeting the cold, calculating eyes of the velociraptor. The reptilian head cocked from side to side, as if looking for anything else other than her. It finally turned back to her, and she froze, fingering her pistol, waiting for the pounce. The raptor snorted, crossing to the wall opposite the door in a few strides. In a terror-stricken act of senselessness, she grunted as she lunged for the button, and hit it. The raptor snarled, swinging it's head towards her. It screeched, a wild scream from some other world. She turned around, firing blindly, huddling in a corner, her back to the wall. The raptor ducked among the tables and chairs, avoiding the gunfire. It screeched again and leaped from a table, closing the distance in less than a second. She kept firing as she tried to scramble away, but it pinned her on her belly with a single hind foot and let out a low growl as it flicked the toe claw into her flesh. She screamed, her legs kicking wildly. More shadows appeared in the doorway, and soon the whole tribe was entering the room to begin the feast.
~Hobbes

"It does not take the world's most powerful nations to spark the next global conflict. Just the will, of one man."
~Vladimir Makarov
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

I walked through the forest. The sound of the birds and the slight smell of the ocean calmed me down a bit. Until I heard something step on a stick. Quickly, I turned around, panically searching for something to defend myself with and looking for what was nearby. Nothing. But I was too scared to be sure, that it was gone. My eyes flickered around, suddenly stopping at the sight of a bigger stick. I quickly glansed around, before I ran towards the stick. My heart quickly beat faster. I grapped the stick as fast as I could, and turned around. My eyes flicked around again, looking for the threat. But there wasn't anything. I sighed and started to relax. Suddenly I heard something leap. I got to look back, just before a raptor hit me. The impack of the heavy animal forced my body to the ground, and a painful hit in the head made me not able to focus for a few seconds. I rolled around, tried to control the pain and dizzyness. The raptor roared at me, but wasn't attacking yet. I quickly tried to get up on two feet, but another raptor leapt towards me, and landed on my shoulder, again pushing me towardsthe ground. While in air, the raptors claw tried to dig into my flesh, but since there aren'tmuch flesh on the shoulders, the damage was minimal. When I hit the ground again, the raptor had stepped off me, probably to get a better view of, what it was doing.
I got up, and grapped the stick. Tha-thumb, tha-thumb, tha-thumb---. My heatrate was insane! My heart felt like it would jump out of my body, and my lungs were pulling for more air.

--I'll continue later, I'm sort of busy, lol (:
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Everything around was empty. Empty. The thought rattled back and forth in Anne's head for a moment. This was her shot to get out of here, her one hope to escape the madness that had followed the crash. The crash had rendered her left arm useless, and worse yet she was sore all over from the impact and the running. There was a convenience store there, with all the rusted trucks and cars used by the inhabitants of the town. Anne idly grabbed her stomach, she was starving. Maybe, just maybe fate would give her a break, perhaps there was a bag of chips or some sort of hostess snack cakes left. Hell, she'd even take old bread.
Anne grabbed the gun she had holstered in her belt. She was hungry, starving even, but that didn't mean she could let her guard down. There was too much at stake, and the gashes on her back reminded her of what could happen.
She received those gashes not too long after she awoke on the beach. There was a tottering bridge, and while climbing it something pushed her from behind, digging that killing claw into her back before she even hit the ground. Thankfully, there had been a gun lying right next to her, a handgun. She was able to shoot behind her and hit her attacker in the head, an instant kill.
That was before her hope ran out. The door to the store creaked open slowly, particles of dust floating in the sunlight. The shelves looked empty, but she stepped in anyways. Stepped into the darkness. She readied her gun as she walked down the abandoned aisles, but nothing was left, not even a crumb. Then she heard something, and quickly focusing in that direction noticed it was a rat. A rat that, as her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she could see was nibbling on a bag, and there were plenty other bags shoved in the corner, at least two were untouched by the vermin. They were potato chips, and not just any chips, they were sour cream and onion flavored, Anne's favorite. She sighed and took a step towards the rat, sending it scurrying off into a hole to the outside. She set the gun down and picked up the chips with her one functioning arm, trying her best to be quiet, but it was difficult to open without the bag crinkling, and she was making quite a racket.
It occurred to her that just then there was another noise, like a very nasal breathing. She slowly turned, hoping it was her imagination. behind her, in the aisle parallel to the one she was in, a shadow was there, and it seemed to be looking directly at her. her heart sank as the beast leaped over the shelves onto her, pinning her against the wall.
Anne's screams echoed through the town, but not a soul would hear them.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

I turned, shivering. I was sure I'd heard something. I peered through the hole in the wall of the old Plantation House, but the valley was empty. Deciding it was just my nerves, I shouldered my Spas and holstered my Deagle. The front door creaked as I opened it, making me tense. My hand instinctively went to the handgun at my side, but I thought better of it. I'd hear them if they were near. I trudged down the beach, taking in the warm beach air, the salty wind blowing in from the sea. I plopped myself down in an old beach chair by the water, kicking off my boots and letting the cold saltwater wash over them. "I guess if it weren't populated by ravenous death machines, this place would be pretty nice," I said out loud. "I can almost see why that crazy old bastard wanted to build a hotel here." A sudden crunch shook me out of my thoughts. I yanked the shotgun off my back and looked around, taking in the whole beach. Nothing. I relaxed only a little, still on my guard. A splash from behind me made me whip around, scanning the water. "Damn it, I know I heard something..." Then I spotted it: twenty feet out, bobbing for fish along the shoreline. 'Food must be scarce here,' I thought. 'Doesn't matter, they don't need food where he's going.' I raised my gun to take the shot when I was jumped from behind and knocked to the ground. I rolled around to find myself staring into the hissing, screeching face of a raptor. I turned and saw my shotgun in the water, too far away to reach. I tried to grab my Deagle with my right hand while pushing the beast's jaws shut with the left, but my arm hadn't fully healed yet. My hand closed around the grip of the pistol just as the raptor's teeth sunk into my throat.
DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DeadEye »

Wow, this thread got more responses than I'd thought it would, thanks guys!
~Hobbes

~Vladimir Makarov