East Dock Official Walkthrough (Here be spoilers, yar)

The first completed Nublar mod, by Draco and hppav!

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:(machf, could you PM me a link to that file you wanted me to import? I'm not sure exactly what page of the ED thread it's on..)
Actually, I was going to ask your permission to make further modifications to it... including occlusion planes not just behind the tunnel walls, but also behind the hillsides too (as there are trees and other stuff on the opposite side).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draco master wrote:oooooohhhhhhh do the ranks do anything or do theey just look cool?
well they tell other users at a glance approximately how much you've posted otherwise look cool, closed usergroups are the things that may allow you to view additional forum sections but only the moderator of such a group can add you to such a group and most of us mods don't add people without a reason
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

I'm getting a lot of fatal errors with East Dock.

EDIT: Hey, I just became a Stegosaurus!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

NoTrespassing, can we see your system specs?

*BTW, I'd like to point out that I installed ATX2 on my retail yesterday and I can confirm that the ATX files all go in the installation directory, not in the CD files.. I know there was some confusion about that earlier.
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Draconisaurus wrote:NoTrespassing, can we see your system specs?
I'm assuming specs is short for specifications? What exactly do you want to know?
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

NoTrespassing wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:NoTrespassing, can we see your system specs?
I'm assuming specs is short for specifications? What exactly do you want to know?
there should be an option to view specs in the control panel, I'd reccomend writing them down or taking a screenshot
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Shadow Wolf wrote: there should be an option to view specs in the control panel, I'd reccomend writing them down or taking a screenshot
I opened a window from the control panal called "System Properties" with tabs labelled: General, Computer Name, Hardware, Advanced, System Restore, Automatic Updates, Remote. Is this what you're talking about?
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

yes pretty much general I think, I took a screenshot of mine to demonstrate but for some reason my gallery won't upload it
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Okay, the General tab says this:

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Registered to:
My Name

(There's a long number here, but I don't want to give it out on the internet in case it can be used against me)

Computer:
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2.40 GHz, 256 MB of RAM

And that's it. As you can see, my RAM is pretty low. Also, I don't know what kind of video card I have, but I can tell you it's under 32 bit. :(
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

NoTrespassing wrote:(There's a long number here, but I don't want to give it out on the internet in case it can be used against me)
I would hope that no-one accociated with TresCom would do such a thing but better safe than sorry
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Hmm, your system seems more than capable to run ED. Are you running in hardware or software mode?

To see what your video card is, right click desktop, select properties, and then click the "Settings" tab. Under "Display" there will be a few words, what does it say?
ImageImage
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

I have a simillar sistem to NoTrespassing, and I found an easy way to run ED:

I placed ED's files into the data and animation directories of "The Lagoon" and it worked perfectly. I hope that helps :wink:
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: East Dock Official Walkthrough (Here be spoilers, yar)

Post by Dragonlord »

hppav wrote:Update, Draco made a decision without me... again... so don't go into the small fenced area to get that shotgun or you can't go out again. Yes, machf, he did that intentionally.
:D ... didn't read that and guess what... I got in there... and out again ;) . Rather easy in fact ( getting in had been harder ).
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: East Dock Official Walkthrough (Here be spoilers, yar)

Post by Draconisaurus »

NoTrespassing wrote: Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2.40 GHz, 256 MB of RAM
Heh, that's a clone of my computer before it had any upgrades. :lol: It ran Tres rather well, but I haven't had those specs for a while now (I now have 1.25 MB of RAM and a Nvidia 7800 graphics card). I am betting your computer has internal graphics drivers. Is it a Dell, by chance?
Microceratops wrote:I have a simillar sistem to NoTrespassing, and I found an easy way to run ED:

I placed ED's files into the data and animation directories of "The Lagoon" and it worked perfectly. I hope that helps :wink:
Haha, well that's one good way to do it! :lol: A demo engine already patched and ready to go... Maybe we should have released ED with an engine. I considered making a sort of JPO-Preview engine at one point.. which would be used for all Nublar levels leading up to JPO, and possibly JPO itself.
Dragonlord wrote:
hppav wrote:Update, Draco made a decision without me... again... so don't go into the small fenced area to get that shotgun or you can't go out again. Yes, machf, he did that intentionally.
:D ... didn't read that and guess what... I got in there... and out again ;) . Rather easy in fact ( getting in had been harder ).
Lol, yeah, we were trying to figure out what machf meant when he described not being able to leave, or something.. at first we thought he was refering to this room with the shotgun, and so when I went to investigate, I realized that I hadn't intentionally left a good way of getting out. I did intentionally put a bunch of crates in there (some put in by Sam) - I wondered if it would be enough to get out, but never tested myself. Now we know! :D Anyway, Sam notified everyone flaming a bit of my level design :yum:, after which we figured out machf was refering to hopping the fence on the far side of the Dock and not being able to go anywhere, when he actually could.. :P
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, I jumped over, took a couple of steps more, and hit an invisible wall, turned right and ended up falling to the bottom of the ocean. Didn't bother going back there and turning left after reloading, I only did that much later...

So, 1.25MB of RAM... wow... and your next upgrade will be to 64KB? ;)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files