EastDock ~ Released, pg. 3

The first completed Nublar mod, by Draco and hppav!

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Microceratops wrote:Again I say: Congratulations, Draco!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: It's one of the best levels I have played so far :yes: :yes: This is the proof that the patience is the best quality of all...
Heheh, thank you. :) Quite glad you enjoyed the level. Indeed, patience has always been and ever will be my most enduring virtue..

machf wrote:
Hmmm, maybe I should have turned left... turning right after hitting the invisible wall I ended up falling into the sea.
LOL, there's nothing wrong with that,
Nothing? The fall can kill you...
LOL, yeah well some caution is needed.. XD
Never use them. And when I tried them later, the message I got was regarding the Emily. I was wondering if the ship was scripted to leave at a certain time, or it was a bug in the level that somehow didn't display it...
Lol, well the Emily hint is displayed if you go around the cabin section of it. Play the level over from the start, checking it occasionally, and you'll see plenty of hints. It's not my fault if you don't use them :P Your timer idea is nice anyway, if I have time (which I doubt seriously) I might make a "patch", a TPM file that can be imported to ED and display a counting-down timer, even though Nedry couldn't know when the boat would leave.
What I had in mind was more like "5 minutes left", "3 minutes", "Less than a minute"... that would be more than enough.
Ah, well then, that would be easier to script, maybe I'll do it sometime. :yum:
Heh, that's a free program?
Yes.
Sweet.
I've got a very nice audio recorder (Nero Wave Editor, part of Nero StartSmart which came with my new CD drive) that I'm not too interested in totally replacing - with saving a compressed wav in Audacity, would it allow me the same types of other settings? I.E. 44 100 Hz, 16 bit, stereo etc..
Sure, those other settings are in the "Quality" options. Try it.
Heh, alright, when I get back to sound design of JPDS1 I'll look into that.
Nick3069 wrote:
Microceratops wrote:Having another human in the level
You mean that 2D guy on the boat? lol When hppav sayed, in the East Dock Official Walkthrough, that there's a guy at the end that can shoot you, I thought it was a 3D man. lol
Lol, "3D man", *spoilers* yeah well for those who haven't figured out, it's ME, putting myself in the level required the creation of 36 bmp images in total, and I'm quite impressed with how it turned out, hehe. He also speaks with my voice. The first released NPC in a Trespasser level. A "3D man" would have added another week to level production... Just wait for JPDS on that kind of thing.

Hmmmm SI, I'll PM you about that stuff. ;)
Slugger wrote:
Microceratops wrote:Why does anyone actualize (if you say it that way) the TresCom web with a new actualization telling people about this new level?
You mean post a news article? I'll do that tonight, when I get home; was meaning to last night, but fell asleep after watching "Tin Man"... :cartman:
Haha, k well, I'd appreciate it if it included a TresCom.org mirror for the level. :) Some people have told me they're having trouble downloading ED from my site..
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

I've finally downloaded it and so far it looks good. BUT why am I dying whenever I go into the tunnel? Is it something to do with the spitting dino that spawns? Superhp time I think. :?
ImageImage
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

TheGuy wrote:I've finally downloaded it and so far it looks good. BUT why am I dying whenever I go into the tunnel? Is it something to do with the spitting dino that spawns? Superhp time I think. :?
you have to kill the dilo before you can go in to the tunnel.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Yeah, that was dumb of me! :D

That's quite a cool way to make it seem like the Trespasser AI is better than it is! :)

Now I've seen more of it, I have to say this...

WELL DONE DRAC! A very good, original, and interesting level! :)
ImageImage
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

still have to download. Man, I got to keep up with the updates on this site.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thank you, Guy. :) Glad you liked my little AI trick. ;) You're quite right of course, it's an event which would work differently in a modern game; in Tres it's not possible to direct dinosaurs in all the ways we'd like, but there are good work-arounds.

lol chron, it's all good, I've been having trouble with that lately, myself... biggest reason being ED, actually, plus vacation..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Has anyone yet made a gameplay video and uploaded it to YouTube?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

no i dont think so. :|
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

There's no way in holy hell I'm going to download a 120mb + file
using dialup.

Drac, if you care to, burn me a disk and snail mail it to me.
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

machf wrote:Has anyone yet made a gameplay video and uploaded it to YouTube?
I second this. I'm putting off actually playing the level until I get my new laptop for Christmas (I very much doubt that this one will be able to handle the level, by the sounds of it). But I'd sure like to see some of it.
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Anyone want me to do it? I love movie making. :mrgreen:
Last edited by TheGuy on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Go ahead, then...!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

TheGuy wrote:Anyone want me to do it? I love movie making. :mrgreen:
it shows, people tend to get good at stuff they like
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

yes i agree i really like The Box Trailer :mrgreen:
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Here you go then...

East Dock trailer game-play thing

About an hours work.
:mrgreen:

WARNING: Contains spoilers, don't watch if you haven't played it yet.
ImageImage