EastDock ~ Released, pg. 3

The first completed Nublar mod, by Draco and hppav!

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

exellent as always good job
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I was hoping to see (and hear) Nedry playing fetch with the dino, but anyway, it's a well-done video. Let's hope it sparks interest in the level...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

machf wrote:Well, I was hoping to see (and hear) Nedry playing fetch with the dino, but anyway, it's a well-done video. Let's hope it sparks interest in the level...
that would have been amusing
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Post by TheGuy »

machf wrote:Well, I was hoping to see (and hear) Nedry playing fetch with the dino...
It still isn't quite what you wanted but it's a little closer than the trailer...

WARNING!!! This video is an almost complete walkthrough of the level, so, don't watch if you haven't played it yet and want to keep it as a surprise. I can remove it if Drac so wishes...

East Dock - Game Play

Pay attention to the music as that is what I’ve tried my hardest to get right on this video, it’s mixed well so that it blends seamlessly with the action. There are a few funny bits here and there, most notably when Nedry is trying to get the gate open just after he kills the raptor, and at the end when something doesn’t go to Nedry’s plans…

It’s quite long, but I recommend the watch, even if it’s just for the music.

Enjoy it, it's probably as close as you'll get to a Jurassic Park movie until the fourth one comes out. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Just finished watching it... wow, that one is really good!

I'll let you know when I need one done for the Pens...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

Cool video! Good job and congratulations to Draco and Hppav for a fantastic looking level, and to TheGuy for making an excellent video of it! :)
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Christopher wrote:Cool video! Good job and congratulations to Draco and Hppav for a fantastic looking level, and to TheGuy for making an excellent video of it! :)
Thanks.

I'm working double time on Jurassic Park Oblivion, which I may release in a series of 4 episodes (IE: One level at a time) simply because all at once would be a crazy long arse download..
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Rebel wrote:There's no way in holy hell I'm going to download a 120mb + file
using dialup.

Drac, if you care to, burn me a disk and snail mail it to me.
Hahaha, sure I can do that sometime soon, just PM me your land address. :) Heh actually, I'll go ahead and put some other levels on there, too...
TheGuy wrote:Here you go then...

East Dock trailer game-play thing

About an hours work.
:mrgreen:

WARNING: Contains spoilers, don't watch if you haven't played it yet.
Ahhhh, hey that's awesome, thanks for makin it and putting it up! :mrgreen: Heh I'll put some up myself, eventually..
TheGuy wrote:
machf wrote:Well, I was hoping to see (and hear) Nedry playing fetch with the dino...
It still isn't quite what you wanted but it's a little closer than the trailer...

WARNING!!! This video is an almost complete walkthrough of the level, so, don't watch if you haven't played it yet and want to keep it as a surprise. I can remove it if Drac so wishes...

East Dock - Game Play

Pay attention to the music as that is what I’ve tried my hardest to get right on this video, it’s mixed well so that it blends seamlessly with the action. There are a few funny bits here and there, most notably when Nedry is trying to get the gate open just after he kills the raptor, and at the end when something doesn’t go to Nedry’s plans…

It’s quite long, but I recommend the watch, even if it’s just for the music.

Enjoy it, it's probably as close as you'll get to a Jurassic Park movie until the fourth one comes out. :mrgreen:
Damn, that's awesome. :| Very nice! The music adaptation is perfect... Love the bit at the end. :D Hmmm, interesting route you took to the jeep.. ;)
machf wrote:Just finished watching it... wow, that one is really good!

I'll let you know when I need one done for the Pens...
Haha, putting slaves to work already?! XD
Christopher wrote:Cool video! Good job and congratulations to Draco and Hppav for a fantastic looking level, and to TheGuy for making an excellent video of it! :)
Thanks! :mrgreen: I encourage anyone who wants to to create some videos in ED... :)
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

looks like we got the right man for editing TresII footage, another exellent Job TheGuy!
T-REXHarley
Triceratops
Triceratops

ok

Post by T-REXHarley »

this is really wierd. i had some headaches on this map. no 1 as u discussed the lever thing. its kinda funny though cause i can imagin nedry "common open push push!!!~!" and theres a raptor right behind him. but i get past that part and get through the dock to the ship. i see the guy, then i look around, no way to get up... so i try jumping up which ends in me dying and i load back to the lever. strain to push it down before the raptor eats me i get to the gate to the docks, THERES A TREE IN THE WAY!!! it was not there before, its nocked over and comes with a barrear i cant get past, hmm. so multiple times i try over and over and for some reason the tree isnt there in one of my loads. this time when i get to the boat i save and go to read the walkthrough. it speeks of a ladder that does not exist. so i stack boxes and jump up on the boat then walk to the guy. he doesnt ask about dna but i take it out anywhey. nuthing happens. walk twords him more hit a barrier and drop the can, he shoots me. great job nedry. i ended up winning the level but none of the sounds worked. i suppose its my fault i actually downloaded another program to download the rawr files, for some reason winzip or whatever i have doesnt want to download em and says it cant read them. oh also it messed up atx so it wouldnt show atx 2.05 in top right or the draw distance or anything else. woo wis me. oh well, fun level.
Beware the great ginger afro-man.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

You didn't properly install the level. I can tell that. You need to put the tpa files and the ASA file in the right places which are indeed specified in the readme

The East Dock level files (scn, grf, swp, pid, and wtd) are to be placed in the C:\tres cd\data folder.

The three custom TPA files and the ED.ini file are to be placed in the C:\Program Files\Dreamworks Interactive\Trespasser\MAPS\LVL folder provided by ATX 2.

The ASA file goes in a folder you must create:
C:\tres cd\data\anim
If you play the level without doing this then you must delete the .asb file that's in the data directory before properly installing the asa.

The SMK files go in this folder:
C:\tres cd\data\menu

Add ED.ini here:
C:\Program Files\DreamWorks Interactive\Trespasser\MAPS\JMP
and here:
C:\Program Files\DreamWorks Interactive\Trespasser\MAPS\SPT

Add ED.tga here:
C:\Program Files\DreamWorks Interactive\Trespasser\MAPS\LBG

Add default.ini here as well as the default.ini.orig (I think)
C:\Program Files\DreamWorks Interactive\Trespasser\MAPS\RNE
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
T-REXHarley
Triceratops
Triceratops

ok

Post by T-REXHarley »

what about the random knocked over tree? anywheys... i completely deleted and reinstalled tresspasser patch and atx. fun map, but i dont plan on dl again :wink:
edit HALLAULA IM A STEG. this post shall be tressured forever more
Beware the great ginger afro-man.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I have all that correct Drac, and sound doesn't play for me...

Anyway, what's the deal at the end, I had the can held out, and then the boat started moving and then I got shot...
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Amazing. I start off the level and see the cinematic...WOW. You are the first creator to use that ATX feature. And then all the suspense created with both music and thunder. I jumped out of my seat so many times and can't wait to beat it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

T-REXHarley, I'm sorry that you had so many problems with the level. :? It's not that hard to install atall, but also very easy to mess up if you don't do it right. From your description, as Sam could tell, you were missing the ASA animation file. Can I first ask exactly how you installed ED onto your computer? You can't just pick out the data folder's files and hope it works correctly, and ATX 2.0.5 (or at least ATX2) is required for ED to run correctly, so I'm afraid we can't help you unless ATX2 was used while you played the level. If you need help installing ATX2, just let us know.

Sam's descriptions of where the files go is not entirely correct, there are 3 different files named ED.ini, and they each hold entirely different data, which is why we've made it easy for you to install the files by just dragging all the folders into the main directory.

ATX2 features in ED include but are not necessarily limitted to: Partile Rain Effect, ingame SMK play, spitting Dilophosaurus, forced fog color, and new Hint display, and of course ATX creates additional savefiles for ATX settings (and possibly other things). ED also features a ton of new sound, including all ambience and player vocals, which is entirely made possible by ATX.

And Harley, as for the random tree, it is only teleported there after you come up to the far dock where the SS Anne B might still be at. It is to prevent Nedry from escaping the dock - if you manage to escape anyway, you will not be able to reenter, which is fine because by then the boat is probably gone and thus there's no way to win the level.

SI, about your no-sound issue. Please try playing a different level with ED installed in that engine, and tell me if there is sound. :) If not, then it's due to your ATXconfig file being altered, and I can help you fix that.

Oh and about the can thing, you just have to be very careful. The player controls are turned off 3 seconds after he asks you for the embryos; if you don't have the Barbasol can in hand at that instant, you've failed him. :P So be careful not to run into him too fast or forcefully, dropping the can. He's a little hard of sight..
chronzerg wrote:Amazing. I start off the level and see the cinematic...WOW. You are the first creator to use that ATX feature. And then all the suspense created with both music and thunder. I jumped out of my seat so many times and can't wait to beat it.
:mrgreen: Great to hear! That's exactly what we were aiming at. Can't wait to hear your reaction to the rest. ;)